$20 worth of drumsticks

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Chickens off the hook here like everything else right now. Haven’t been able to find drumsticks for a month. Found a pack of 14 for $20.00 so splurged. Also picked up a whole bird it was $18 for a 4 pound bird. Yikes!

Wow! Foster Farms Fresh & Natural whole chickens here $1.04/lb. $ .94 in a 2 pack. Legs $1.99/lb. Dang, they're usually about the same price as whole birds here.

4.99 for dino birds at Costco.
Rip apart, make soup, use most for arroz con pollo. Rest of stock is useful.
Leftover chicken make sandwiches.
As a former vegan,
Say no to tofu
Deep fried tofu is pretty good in a stir fry. Or seasoned and baked. I’m really just curious how a guy named Tony, from Chi-town ever became a vegetarian? Seems out of place to me 🤣🤣🤣

That is crazy Case!!! I feel so guilty, I just loaded my freezer up on all types of chicken because the local grocery store was having huge sale, $.99 for legs and for leg/thigh quarters , $1.19 skin on bone in thighs and $1.99 for boneless skinless or bone in skin on breast. I got some of each of those. I got some legs(that I vortex up last night) for lunch today. The sound of the sizzle of that video is as good as the images. I see you went back to your CI grate, why that over the new SS one?

That is crazy Case!!! I feel so guilty, I just loaded my freezer up on all types of chicken because the local grocery store was having huge sale, $.99 for legs and for leg/thigh quarters , $1.19 skin on bone in thighs and $1.99 for boneless skinless or bone in skin on breast. I got some of each of those. I got some legs(that I vortex up last night) for lunch today. The sound of the sizzle of that video is as good as the images. I see you went back to your CI grate, why that over the new SS one?
We haven’t seen prices like that on chicken for over a year here!

I had put the original grates on to burn of some crud the other day and forgot they were on there. I fired up the Q with our opening the lid. When I went to put on the sticks that’s what was there wish I’d used the new grates! Now I have burn off more crud and clean!

4.99 for dino birds at Costco.
Rip apart, make soup, use most for arroz con pollo. Rest of stock is useful.
Leftover chicken make sandwiches.
As a former vegan,
Say no to tofu
The cooked rotisserie chickens at Costco are les expensive than the raw chickens here. The two pack whole raw chickens are pushing $16. The last two times though they’ve been out of stock.

Prices are up, then down, then up, then down again.

The local Vons circular just came yesterday - chicken 'bits' (wings, drumsticks, thighs) 0.99/lb

The trick is if they have all the 'bits' in stock. I swear every time I go shopping - no bone in/skin on thighs. I'm a thigh man....for chicken ;)

Back