1st cook with Hunsaker Griddle

Issom

TVWBB Fan
well I approve. I seasoned it with flax oil a few coats last night and today smash burgers and dogs
Held temps great and non stick

Attachments

• 20200516_185322.jpg
    20200516_185322.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200516_203718.jpg
    20200516_203718.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200517_170356.jpg
    20200517_170356.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 38
I have been looking forward to your review on this. Just placed my order for one. Whats steps did you use to season it?

Last edited:
Flax oil 100% cold press did like 4 or 5 coats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200517-073325_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200517-073325_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4
That looks great. I got mine a few days ago. I've got it washed up and coated both sides with some PAM spray. Plan to throw it on the grill whenever it stops raining....hopefully before the weekend. Plan to cook a bunch of bacon on it for my first cook to get it nice and coated with bacon grease.

It doesn't seem like there is a top and bottom. I guess you just pick a cooking side and stick to using that for all the cooks?

I also bought some Mercer Hell's Handle spatulas. I only had basic spatulas, nothing stiff enough for smashing.

I'm also considering getting something to smash the burgers, like the SS Ballistic Burger press, but not sure if I'll get that or not. I see you are using a brick wrapped in foil, seems much cheaper!

I saw that on their site when I was looking at the rib/sausage hangers. Do you think you're limited a little to what you can cook on it, since anything greasy could cause some issues with all that grease ending up either in the holes, or dripping off the edge into the kettle? For instance, load that thing up with bacon, and you could be looking at a mess in the kettle, or, worse, a big flare up/fire? Maybe it's just because I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet, but I am truly curious what you guys think about grease management.

R

I suppose there could be issues. Since the handle holes are on the sides, you could just make sure the charcoal is placed in baskets away from the handle openings. It's a kettle so worst case is you close all the vents and choke the fire out.... might be a good idea to avoid doing this on a wooden deck too, or close to your house.

I'll let you know how it goes!

My Grillgrates for my Weber Smoky Joe and Weber Performer Deluxe from the GrillGrate.com company does a fantastic job in cooking chorizos, beef patties, hotdogs, etc., without weighing a ton!

Wow, that seems like a bargain. Might have to put that on my Father's day wish list.

I don't think it would be much of a problem running down the sides of the bottom and into the ash catcher on my performer, I like the idea of smoke on the griddle, dang you all are going to cost me money again lol

Back