1996 Genesis 2000 LP griddle recommendation

Vinny G

TVWBB Fan
Hello all. Looking for recommendations on a griddle to fit my Red Head 1996 Genesis 2000. Called Weber today and lady I got on the phone said, as of right now they don’t make one for my grill. Which to me doesn’t make sense? They make the grill grates for it and they don’t have a griddle to fit it? LoL I am a sucker for the Weber name. So recommendation for a Weber griddle would be my first choice. But I am open for recommendations on a aftermarket one also! What do you guys and gals think?
Thank you.

There was some discussion in the thread linked below. Silver B and Genesis x000 use the same grates so griddles for a silver B will work on your 2000

I have a griddle on my someday-maybe wish list but have not yet gotten one. The little griddle is the one I have my eye on...

What parts are available for anything 20 years old?
Just get a Lodge like has been discussed ad nauseum on the forum. the “Label worship” will send you down a rabbit hole! It maybe fun to find one but, get something to cook on while you search, no need to waste time.

And again, thanks Dan!
(you might get an address for the vacation feasting…or not.😉)

Since the grates for those grills are supposedly the same size as Spirit 300 grates, will the new griddles from Weber not fit?

I think the first key question is

do you want a full-size griddle to try and have it work like a blackstone ?

or

do you want a smaller griddle that leave's part of the grill open for grilling.

for a smaller griddle, this lodge works great. Price bounces around so you can get it for less if you watch it,

Sorry I am thinking about a small griddle to start off with. Then if I saw I like it and thought the full size would be better then I would purchase that one? But like JSaus said why wouldn’t the ones that fit the Spirit 300 work? If this number 65906 which my grate and a Sprit grate number are interchangeable you would think the the griddle one would be also? I found this one lol which is a knock off. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XJ1LZFL/?tag=tvwb-20

There was some discussion in the thread linked below. Silver B and Genesis x000 use the same grates so griddles for a silver B will work on your 2000

I have a griddle on my someday-maybe wish list but have not yet gotten one. The little griddle is the one I have my eye on...

I just wanted to say thank you Dan. I didn’t realize this was discussed multiple times. Lol here is what my Red head looks like. Hope to keep her going for more years to come.

Attachments

• IMG_3072.jpeg
    IMG_3072.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 12
Vinny: Is that composite decking on the bottom or original wood slats?
Yes Bruce composite decking. Unfortunately the original wood slats were rotting away. I had put up a deck and had left over decking. So I cut it to fit. I also have the rods for the swing away table. Bin wanting to cut some pieces up for it. But just never got to it.

Ok bought the lodge. Works great but to small for me. I felt I need more room. So I ended up buying the Steelmade Pro griddle. The pro is heavy! Fits the old Red head perfectl! Probably should have went with the standard. But I figured GO BIG OR GO HOME! Lol. I love the idea it is made in the USA!! This griddle is a beast. I seasoned it up with peanut oil twice and then cooked up some bacon. Basically Followed the directions for seasoning and it Seasoned up perfectly! Nice and dark. Would recommend. But remember it heavy! Go with the standard if you have any doubts! Also definitely buy the Drip pan. Otherwise you will have some mess to deal with!

Attachments

• IMG_3139.jpeg
    IMG_3139.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 22
Looks like a winner to me. Where did you order it from? Where is the drip pan and how would it work?
I ordered it from SteelmadeUSA. I believe that’s the only place you can get them? The Drip pan has lips on each side that slips under the grill grates on each side that runs the length of the griddle. If you have 3 grill grates. You attach one side then the order and then sit the middle one in place. If you only have 2 grill grates like mine. You do the same thing, it is a little challenging, but definitely doable.

I ordered it from SteelmadeUSA. I believe that’s the only place you can get them? The Drip pan has lips on each side that slips under the grill grates on each side that runs the length of the griddle. If you have 3 grill grates. You attach one side then the order and then sit the middle one in place. If you only have 2 grill grates like mine. You do the same thing, it is a little challenging, but definitely doable.
Looks good. I am sure it's not a cheapie. One thing I like is making the grill into a "multitasker". Rather than having yet another stand alone appliance.

Looks good. I am sure it's not a cheapie. One thing I like is making the grill into a "multitasker". Rather than having yet another stand alone appliance
To me the price wasn’t that bad when compared to others in the same category. Yes I felt the same way about making the gas grill a multitasker.

Back