1986 Weber Dealer Product Catalog

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
1986 Weber Dealer Product Catalog

Thanks to TVWBB member @Jon Tofte and our friends at the Weber Kettle Grill Giants Facebook Group for sharing this hard-to-find 1986 product catalog geared towards Weber dealers. It's a 36-page full-color brochure that highlights Weber products and accessories for 1986, including the new Genesis I/II/III gas grills with wide-slat cedar work surfaces. This brochure also includes samples of Weber magazine and television advertising for that year.

Unfortunately, the brochure has been photographed, not scanned, so some of the imagery is not the best. Also, pages 26-27 are missing. But still a great piece of Weber product history, to be sure!

Enjoy!
Chris

1986weberdealercatalog-2.jpg

1986weberdealercatalog-10.jpg

I either have or have had way more of the things in that catalog that any one person should (with the exception of some of you good people)! I have not used my corn and tater grill in a very long time!
I must say the standing roast beef they show in the “Indirect“ cutaway is stunning! Can I have one NOW?

Those Imperial wood carts for kettles are very cool and nothing I have ever seen before. (Makes me think of what it would take to replicate one.)

The cart for the gas kettle is also very rare. Maybe only a 1 of 2 year item. A lot of cool history in this catalog, and the "hype" aimed at the dealers is plain fun to read!

Of course, the introduction of the Genesis (scarcely referred to it as that this early on) is the big story. Nice to have more pictures and info on the very first models.

Aha, this brochure mentions the fact that the slats and handle are made of cedar. I suspected the early grills used cedar or redwood based on the pictures I've seen, now I know for sure. Good stuff.

Aha, this brochure mentions the fact that the slats and handle are made of cedar. I suspected the early grills used cedar or redwood based on the pictures I've seen, now I know for sure. Good stuff.
Based on the pictures, at least in the beginning, Weber went for a fairly light shade of wood with very little grain. I have seen so many cool adaptations, including exotic hardwoods and even cedar but with lots of grain and even knots -some stained pretty dark. They all look good! I guess if you are wanting a very original look, though, then this gives you a good picture of what to aim for.

Back