1000th Post Chicken

Gregory R

TVWBB All-Star
I had planned to debut my Roti for this post, but it hasn't come in yet. :mad: I had some bone-in chicken breasts in the fridge, so this is what I had to work with.

First I trimmed up the breasts then sprinkled with Ray Lampe's #67 rub

Let that sit a bit while I fired up a chimney of new and used KBB. Added some hickory for smoke

Yikes!! It's cold out so I mixed up a little anti-freeze

Action shot

Cooked indirect till IT reached 140 then brushed on some Weber Real Molasses spiked with Ghost Pepper Sauce.

Finished off direct for the last few minutes to caramelize the sugars in the sauce

Served with Wild Rice, Steamed Cauliflower finished over the coals and smoked garlic bread.

Sit down and grab a plate . . .

Thanks for visiting, and thanks Chris for this great site!!

1000 post congrats on that and that beautiful plate also. I was glad to see you had the correct type of anti freeze for yourself during that cold cook:).

Bbq sauce with ghost pepper sauce sounds good. Nice job on the chicken breast.

Darn fine chicken. And man no way am I going out with that temp.

I second that emotion ! Greg , you're a better man than I cooking outdoors when it's that cold...I might fire up the grill Monday when it hits the 30's again. Nice pix , brother.

Nice job Greg, its supposed to hit minus 26 here on Monday morning, and I have to draw the line, I will not be bbqing.

Great looking meal. And thank you for your encouraging posts on your way to 1000. Always look forward to your comments.

brrrr...that is cold! great looking chicken - good job defying the elements and pulling off some amazing looking chicken - Also big congratulations on numero 1000!

Back