$10 fire pit score.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
51A1D4D3-CCAA-4D11-B942-DEABDB9748F3.jpeg
Thanks Rich G for the heads up, I picked this up after work for $10. Any way to know it’s definitely a Weber? Bowl and lid are in great shape but it could use new legs and handles. Are those available anywhere? I’d love to get this cleaned up. S’mores for the kids soon.
Any thoughts on firing it up? No bottom grate?

Thanks for any help.

I see Rich R is spending other people's money for them again. Cool pick up Bruno, my youngest daughter loves a good camp fire, I buy a new cheap pit every year or so. I need to keep an eye out of a Weber. Good luck finding the parts you need to get that beauty back to New.

That is for sure a Weber fire pit, Bruno. It's the twin of mine!

Bruno got off cheaply, Michael! :) Ask Cliff! :)

R
Thanks again!! I had just picked up some wood to light a fire in an old kettle and this popped up out of nowhere. My kids will be so excited to do s’mores and have a fire in the back yard!

Oh, by the way, no, there isn't supposed to be a bottom grate. My manual that came with mine suggested a small amount of sand in the bottom just for a bit of extra heat protection. I did that day 1, have never looked back. Just scoop out ash when needed. You might be able to clean those handles up with some sand paper and a bit of oil to finish. ereplacementparts.com may be a source for legs. Mine are well weathered, too, and I just don't care much. :)

Here's the INSTRUCTION SHEET from Weber.

R

One leg is broken but I’ll get creative, a good cleaning and the s’mores machine is in business.

Bruno, you might want to read this thread from Kyle on his refurb of a fire pit.

Thanks Preston. I was going to try the grill grate from a 22 because I thought the charcoal grate would be too small. Will give it a try.

Back