🔥Shrimp 🍤 ala diabla - the Devil’s shrimp 👺

Wife’s favorite dish at a local spot. Looks different from what you’ve done but I’m sure it’s awesome!

Wife’s favorite dish at a local spot. Looks different from what you’ve done but I’m sure it’s awesome!
No tomatoes in mine. Straight guajillo, ancho and chili d’arbols. 2/2/20 was the ratio. Flavorful and HOT. Needed the crema to cool it all down.

No tomatoes in mine. Straight guajillo, ancho and chili d’arbols. 2/2/20 was the ratio. Flavorful and HOT. Needed the crema to cool it all down.
Looks so good!

For clarification, 2 guajillos, 2 anchos, and 20 chili d’arbols? Any water or other liquid in the blender? Thanks!

Very nice!
if you like heat and somewhat smoky, these are for you.

That looks great!
if you'd like less heat than my fiasco, dial down the chili de arbols. most people would start with 5. i like to make this dish hot so i went with 20.

it is recommended to remove the seeds from the guajillo and anchos (both are dried pepper) and then add all the peppers into hot water to soak for 20 mins. place the hydrated peppers in a blender and some of the soaking liquid and whirl till smooth. a good blender will totally pulverize the pepper which means you won't need to press them through a mesh strainer.

place in a jar or container and fridge. should last a week or so.

use a few tablespoons on your shrimps, along with cooking oil, salt and garlic and mix thoroughly. drop into a hot pan that has a small amount of cooking oil and sear.

serve with warmed tortillas, corn or flour or both or make a burrito, along with thinly sliced cabbage and mexican creama. a cold beer or marg does well to wash it all down. enjoy!

Looks so good!

For clarification, 2 guajillos, 2 anchos, and 20 chili d’arbols? Any water or other liquid in the blender? Thanks!
see new post with recipe and data. all chilis are soaked for 20 mins, then blended with some of the water. let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you Sir!
YVW! The number of chili de arbol is optional. I like a lot of heat. So 20 is A LOT. Depending on your ability to tolerate heat, you might want to experiment with fewer chili de arbol and find a heat level that works well for you. Post your pics and thoughts if you make this recipe. Always seeking feedback and input.

Last edited:

Back