🐔 🥓 ranch 🍕

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Guru
Had a craving for chicken, bacon, ranch pie. But having made some fresh pesto, I varied the sauce a bit with the addition of two tablespoons of pesto. I normally try not to "over-top" the pizza, but we dig this pie with extra. There's 4 cheeses...goat, mozzarella, parmesan and gruyere. 4 slices bacon, crumbled. 1.5 bscbs. Sauce is homemade ranch with the pesto. Whole shootin' match got drizzled with Mike's hot honey. I could only eat two slices. Wife ate one. Son had plain cheese pie (made it himself!). Everything was done on the Performer. Got temps close to 700 fir the pies.

Some grilled chicken
20230315_215359.jpg

The pesto. Love my M and P for this. Labor intensive but so worth it, imho.
20230315_222253.jpg

Finished. No action shots...sorry. Cook went fast.
20230315_230059.jpg

Obligatory plating shot. Not a vegetable in sight.
20230315_231807.jpg

And my son's cheese pie
20230315_185354.jpg

Tasty stuff. Thanks for looking!

Tim,
Amazing pie! You went the extra mile to make this not just a pizza but a masterpiece. I know the grilled chicken, the homemade pesto, different cheese all added to the pizza in ways that make it next level and truly “homemade”.

Looks great. And, for dessert......
hidden-valley-ranch-ice-cream-1-jp-230310-3b72f0.jpg

The time and important details into making all the small sides or accessories to the meal then combining them and making that a great meal is what makes a great meal.......I hope that makes sense......
We do it all the time where many of the needed flavours take lots of time to make.....make them good and then you can make a show stopper dinner.
EG. I have done red wine reduction braised beef ribs.......takes a while, and even our tacos...it takes a while to get everything together.
Everyone loves pizza......I love your cook, I have a pretty good idea on how good it was...........just let me know a bit earlier next time so I can swing around and get me a slice!

The time and important details into making all the small sides or accessories to the meal then combining them and making that a great meal is what makes a great meal.......I hope that makes sense......
We do it all the time where many of the needed flavours take lots of time to make.....make them good and then you can make a show stopper dinner.
EG. I have done red wine reduction braised beef ribs.......takes a while, and even our tacos...it takes a while to get everything together.
Everyone loves pizza......I love your cook, I have a pretty good idea on how good it was...........just let me know a bit earlier next time so I can swing around and get me a slice

Well said.

Haha! We'll do the cook together when you get here. Bring your favorite vinyl. 😍

Tim looks great.

Debating an Ooni oven and I have 2 performers, can u share your pizza set up ? I’d like to see how you use ur performer maybe I could save some $$$ and have pies like that!!

Tim looks great.

Debating an Ooni oven and I have 2 performers, can u share your pizza set up ? I’d like to see how you use ur performer maybe I could save some $$$ and have pies like that!!
Sure thing. I'll take pics tomorrow. It's basically several fire bricks and a couple of heat sources.

How do you like the Ooni?

Edit: Sorry...misread the post. I'm hesitating on a dedicated pizza oven until/unless it is miles beyond what I have currently

Last edited:
Tim looks great.

Hi Chris. Sorry for the late reply. This is my go-to setup, but I've done it a bunch of ways.

4 fire bricks, full vortex if JD, Emile Henry stone. I've gotten the deck temp up to about 700° but not in winter.

Imo, there are much better setups on the threads than mine but this works well.

20230318_122914.jpg

20230318_122941.jpg

20230318_122953.jpg

Tim, I really like the “lift kit” I might use my rotisserie ring and get that extra height that way, I put an extra set of “studs” on the ring which gives room for an upper rack, less mass to heat (no bricks) I like the concept a lot. Time to learn a new trick!

Tim, I really like the “lift kit” I might use my rotisserie ring and get that extra height that way, I put an extra set of “studs” on the ring which gives room for an upper rack, less mass to heat (no bricks) I like the concept a lot. Time to learn a new trick!
That's a really good idea Timothy. I need to try that

I had a whole thread where Dan helped me out with my initial setup. I used the E6 as it just gets hotter. With that top stack wide open it hits over 700 degrees without even trying. Again after discussing it with Dan we found hotter isn't always better and settled for around 600 or 650 if I remember right....I did do a thread, I am just not able to look for it right now.

Back