New kettle color for USA

I like the colors too. Especially the green one. I am just a fan of really bright colors. But I also have enough kettles for now. And all used.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NMtXXtLvZrrVzw6C9
I might buy one of these new ones when they show up used in the next few years. Lol

I am so glad you picked up that Maroon Platinum One Touch! Looks great, and your color collection is growing. If I had dry storage room, I could easily get drawn into kettle collecting. Mine are mostly black, but I have an old '00 "flat-top" 26 and a really old '74 18 inch kettle with the older style wheels. Both of these have been restored. I also have one nice red kettle old enough to have the metal handles and twist on ash pan. I keep reminding myself there is no room or use when I see something like that Ivory or Slate just released! If I can ever come across an old avocado at a realistic price, I will just have to find room, though!!!

Same here Jon. I am telling my wife always this one is the last one... Well she only laughs when I bring in one more. I just love the colors. But I am only buying used. I am not willing to pay big money for a new kettle. I would love to find a 26" in red. But I don't really want to collect them. I want to use them. The blue one I just bought because someone was selling a brand new bowl and lid in a box at a cheap price. I used the legs and ash catcher of my black kettle to complete it and got some new wheels which I painted red. I am thinking of selling it. But with the red wheels it would make a great red-white-blue 4th of July grill. lol
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q4EYzFDYP4nUAVxg8

Yeah I love your patriotic blue kettle!

Finding a red 26" won't be easy. I don't think they made them in red in the last twenty years. I actually also have a circa 1970 red "flat-top" 26. It has the REALLY old wheels that make the new ones look like toy wheels. Of course, that old it has lots of "beauty marks" and some issues. They were called the "Aristocrat" back in the old days when Weber had names for each color and size of kettle. I am told that it is worth a fair amount, but I lucked into it for just $35. It is all in pieces waiting in my shed for me to do something with it - the story of too many of my wild projects. I WILL do something with this but will need some help from someone who can weld. This wouldn't be what you want, because given its age its best and highest use is most likely in a collection.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?74...t-Pending-Red-Aristocrat&highlight=aristocrat

My black 26 on the other hand is a very usable grill. I actually have contemplated selling it, because since I got my pellet grill I don't really need a BIG kettle. Even though just black I think it is pretty cool because of the old-style flat top, the wood handles and the stainless upgrades I did:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?75253-My-reborn-00-26-quot-Flat-top-Black-Weber-Kettle

Last edited:
I'm glad to red about the red limited editions. Have one it's junk. Terrible quality and I'd never have bought it if I had known it was made in China. Anyone got a COO for these? I'll buy one and junk the LE only if its made in the USA.

Nice write-ups, but maybe I missed it. Doesn't seem to say where it is made. I do know that all Weber kettles now say "Designed and Engineered in Palatine" instead of Made in USA. I wouldn't be surprised if these are made overseas, but I don't think that automatically puts them in the same category as the LE red fiasco. The current black kettles still look nice, although some feel maybe not as thick metal as the old ones. I think the red LE was farmed out to some manufacturer in China that just couldn't deliver the goods. I wouldn't say that is true of other kettles Weber currently sells, so I am hoping these colorful ones (having already been on sale in Canada and maybe Europe for several years) would be up to the quality of the black kettles today and not a replay of the red disaster. It would be VERY harmful to Weber's reputation if these turned out to be like the LE:eek:!

Below is correspondence Saturday in reference to where they are made:

Your request (406403) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Please give us feedback on our service here:

How would you rate the support you received?

Good,I'm satisfied

Bad,I'm unsatisfied

John B (Weber-Stephen Products LLC)

May 12, 15:06 CDT

Hello Rob,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

All Master-Touch models are assembled here in Illinois, using globally sourced components.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Thank you,

John
Marketing Associate, Online Consumer Care Americas Marketing

RobandMichelle1

May 11, 17:33 CDT

Hello
Where are you Exclusive Master Touch Series Manufactured? The new colored series you just introduced to the USA?
Thank you, Rob

------------------
Submitted from: https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/...tm_campaign=Introducing+MT+2019-05-11&start=1

Standard response from Weber. I just wonder what they assemble since the buyer normally needs to assemble the kettles.

Yes I really would like to know where the kettle bowls and lids are fabricated and enameled. But Weber probably tries to be as vague as possible.

Back