304 Stainless Steel Hinged Cooking Grate for 22.5 inch Weber Kettles

Mine is used. It appears to have the hinged grate Chris mentions, but it's not solid SS, it's plated and it's not all that great, certainly not heavy duty.

C3D21D67-70BB-49CD-912D-4B7FE2257BD7_zpsae6bt3wn.jpg

Are you guys sure that the 63039 is solid SS? I'll buy one now if it is

I just called, and yes, they do have them, it's just a matter of getting a knowledgeable agent on the phone, or better yet, providing the part number. The nice lady told me they have about 25 in stock right now at $65.83 + $7 flat shipping.

You would be correct, the part no. helps as does an agent that understands stainless steel means stainless steel :) They have a few left but as of right now one less than before.

I called an hour ago and talked to a rep. and he assured me that the one for $28 was stainless steel, which didn't sound right to me. I got the email conformation from them a few minutes ago with the part no. he placed the order for. Did a quick search and it led me to here, or rather I came here first when I saw the tvwbb website listed. I called Weber back and the lady I talked to this time said they no longer carried the stainless steel 22.5" hinged grates. I gave her the part no. thanks to this thread and she said there were a couple left even though they are no longer listed. So I ordered one, cost, shipping and tax came to ~$78 but have gone through enough plated ones over the years could go stainless and hopefully be done with it.

Even though it had only been an hour since I placed the order it had gone to the warehouse and she said shipping could not be stopped. But would include a return label with it?! Another step in the process but that is OK. In the end hopefully worth it. The correct part number is apparently key to ordering this grate.

she said there were a couple left even though they are no longer listed. So I ordered one, cost, shipping and tax came to ~$78 {snip} The correct part number is apparently key to ordering this grate
So what part number did you order, that totaled $78?

Are you guys sure that the 63039 is solid SS? I'll buy one now if it is
Just got off the phone with Weber. They say the 63039 is stainless steel, it only fits 26" grills made since 2009 (so not the really old 26"ers), and sells for $70.03 + tax and $7 flat fee FedEx ground shipping.

Interestingly, the agent suggested I check-out grillparts.com or Amazon for better prices on this part, "based on what some customers are telling me." :D

Just got off the phone with Weber. They say the 63039 is stainless steel, it only fits 26" grills made since 2009 (so not the really old 26"ers), and sells for $70.03 + tax and $7 flat fee FedEx ground shipping. Interestingly, the agent suggested I check-out grillparts.com or Amazon for better prices on this part, "based on what some customers are telling me." :D
Good to know, thanks Chris. I'll give grillparts.com a look, one way or another I'm getting the new grate, mine is sagging, can't keep the corn on the cob in the right spot :)

I didn't find girllparts.com to be of any help, online or my call into customer service. I called Weber and ordered the grill from them directly, total cost $77.03

Product Name Part # Qty Price Discount Price Tax Rate Item Total
Hinged cooking grate, 26" 63039 1 $70.03 0% $70.03

Subtotal: $70.03
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $7.00
Shipping Tax (0%): $0.00

Grand Total: $77.03
I have a funny feeling it chrome plated. I will do a side-by-side comparison with my old grate and my new grate. If it ends up being nothing more than the stock unit I have (except being brand new) I'll keep it, but I will wait until Black Friday and order the Craycort Cast Iron grate

Wow that thing is a beast at 15 pounds but bet it lasts as long as the kettle.

My Weber $78 SS grate came as did the mistake nickle plated one. The SS one is 5 oz. lighter at 71 oz. ( 4.5 lbs.), but nickle does weigh more than stainless so the plating must be fairly thick. But am lucky to get one to last me a year before rusting out.

The one I keep running into at $75 is the KillaGrilla and weighs in at 8 pounds for the hinged sides like the Weber. And weighs in at 9 pounds. If the Weber SS one doesn't cut it in a few years that will be my next replacement grate if they are still around. Their website seems to be constantly going up and down but it is also on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/466629586/215-round-flip-up-bbq-stainless-grill?ref=shop_home_active_1

Will the stainless grates be easier to clean?

My kettle is less than one year and it seems as though some sections of the grate could be pitted. It has been much more difficult to scrape, and has a darker color.

Wow that thing is a beast at 15 pounds but bet it lasts as long as the kettle.

My Weber $78 SS grate came as did the mistake nickle plated one. The SS one is 5 oz. lighter at 71 oz. ( 4.5 lbs.), but nickle does weigh more than stainless so the plating must be fairly thick. But am lucky to get one to last me a year before rusting out.

The one I keep running into at $75 is the KillaGrilla and weighs in at 8 pounds for the hinged sides like the Weber. And weighs in at 9 pounds. If the Weber SS one doesn't cut it in a few years that will be my next replacement grate if they are still around. Their website seems to be constantly going up and down but it is also on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/466629586/215-round-flip-up-bbq-stainless-grill?ref=shop_home_active_1

I just bought a Killa Grilla grate on eBay (when they had one of their promos). It is very substantial and high quality. Very thick stainless bars. Seems like a nice company/builder. I will say that the bars are further apart than the cheapo Weber nickel plated, ready to rust, steel ones. So, if you are big on shrimp or smaller items I guess that could possibly be an issue. I personally LOVE this new grate that breathes a lot of life into my old Performer! It looks like it will last a LONG time. Here's a few pics:

2gxie5j.jpg

Closeup showing thickness of bars and distance between them:

b3x7jr.jpg

Here is the owner's business card that came with the grate:

16kc5kg.jpg

I can highly recommend!

Last edited:
That's interesting. Dave at AdrenalineBBQ is also making one. He says his design is patented . . . and he's $5 cheaper.

BD

AdrenalineBBQ has more interesting features. Removable flip up, easily spinnable due to where welds on the handles are, and he adds rod all the way to the handle so no food will fall between that unnecessary gap.

- only downside is that the SS rod is thinner i think. Spacing looks the same but not sure.

059.jpg

AdrenalineBBQ has more interesting features. Removable flip up, easily spinnable due to where welds on the handles are, and he adds rod all the way to the handle so no food will fall between that unnecessary gap.

- only downside is that the SS rod is thinner i think. Spacing looks the same but not sure.

059.jpg

Just Placed my order for one of these "Bad Boys" to go-along with my SlowNSear Plus and DripNGriddle for my Weber 22" Mastertouch Grill which were a great buy!

Last edited:
Update to the Post Above; I have used my ABBQ SS Grill for ten(10) cooks 0n my Weber Mastertouch Grill and highly recommend this quality product for ease of use and after-cook clean-up!

Back