First grill for 2019

I would NEVER sell or let that grill outta my sight if I was you! You will regret it as long as you live

Yup, I'm really thinking hard about it. If the 1000 firebox is compatible with that frame then I will transfer the box and manifold from the 3000 onto this one and give my brother the 3000 (after rebuilding). I agree though, I'd probably regret it if I let it go...even to my brother LOL ;)

Sam,
I am 100% with Larry. Don’t let that grill go! Of all three really nice grills you mentioned having, I would rate this one #1:eek:. That’s just an opinion, of course, but this one IS pretty special. Essentially, Weber adapted a Genesis firebox and manifold to a first generation Summit frame, and in this even rarer case included the Summit cabinetry. You got an incredible steal! I have seen only a couple of these including one on CL now that is nowhere near as nice as yours and asking $175!

You know, that cabinet gives a good path to restoring Silvers and Golds with the flat (always rusted) metal bottom. Add two horizontal bars and put in the wire rack bottom. The cabinet can now breathe but still provide a stylish look and a place to put stuff.

Yup, the more I think about it the more I want to keep it. I agree, I did get an incredible steal...I still can't believe this was still on the market even after 4 months! The seller told me he really wasn't impressed with OfferUp so maybe he wasn't checking his messages as often. I'm glad though that it fell into my hands and I probably won't let go of it now.

Your brother will be one lucky guy.
Great buy. I have been chasing Weber's going on
5 years now, and have never seen one of those in
the wild.

I am really curios about this though. That should have been a steal for someone even at $75.
So is it sitting out there for 4 months a testament to a weak market where you live, or is it more
of a weak OfferUp market issue? I would have to say the latter, at least here where I am. I often
search OfferUp and Letgo, but seldom actually find anything there. I am more likely to find a "Weber"
searching for "grills" as most the people that use those app's do not seem to be Weber savvy.

I have never sold anything on either of them, but rarely post items for sale there. I intend to start
listing everything on both though, as they do seem to be gaining popularity.

Not sure if it's a weak market as I did miss out on a Silver C for $50 2 weeks ago...it was posted for 4 days and when I inquired about it the seller told me that he had just sold it. Maybe it was fate that this grill ended up with me even after 4 months on the market...who knows but I'm sure glad I got it.

Yah, I have to agree with everyone there. It looks like a great deal. I cannot remember seeing one available around me either. That Budweiser logo is clearly a nice bonus as well.

Yup, I'm really digging the Budweiser logo...makes it look like a one of a kind, limited edition grill.

Sam,
Nice find. I always likes the style of that grill with it's rather unique handle and end caps.
Can't wait to see the restored pics.

Jeff

Ya, I most likely will, however, swap the blue hood from my 3000 to this one as I really like the blue hood.

Ok, so I registered the grill and this popped up..

VID7iiV.jpg

I guess it is a Budweiser grill from the description on the website. All this time I thought it was just a sticker. I guess this is like one of those Snap On grills that pop up here and there but this is the first Budweiser grill I've seen. So now that I discovered that I am definitely keeping this grill not only because of that but the 1000 firebox does fit perfectly in there with the manifold and plate as I really wanted to keep the double bar set up for rotisserie like my 3000. I'm going to transfer components from the 3000 to this one after I fix up the frame and make it all clean and shiny.

qrhmUXQ.jpg

Burners still work.

b0e6myc.jpg

Side tables off.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
What height are these Platinum frames? Same height as the older open cart models or same height as the later closed cart models (Silver B, Gold C, Platinum). But anyhow that 3000 firebox provides a bit more working height.
But being a homebrewer I would probably try to find a way to erase that Budweiser logo. No Inbev memorabilia in my house. Lol.

What height are these Platinum frames? Same height as the older open cart models or same height as the later closed cart models (Silver B, Gold C, Platinum). But anyhow that 3000 firebox provides a bit more working height.
But being a homebrewer I would probably try to find a way to erase that Budweiser logo. No Inbev memorabilia in my house. Lol.

05 Platinum C - 32.5", 00-01 Platinum C (Budweiser) - about 31" Dilly dilly....LOL :D

Is it letgo the one that you submit a photo and it determines what the product is and gives it a title? I love that! Especially when someone lists a tool box with photo and it calls it a "grill". hahaha. And the problem is that Letgo makes it difficult to figure out how to change the title. Or is that OfferUp?

I haven’t looked at LetGo for a couple of months. Just looked and was able to get a FREE 18” Weber Smokey Mountain with cover yesterday. It’s in great shape. The guy has no room for it at his new place.

The funny thing is that the title was for a utility trailer.

https://us.letgo.com/us/i/black-and-gray-metal-utility-trailer_5e336ed7-5a99-4219-ad9b-8ae5b536ebdd

I haven’t looked at LetGo for a couple of months. Just looked and was able to get a FREE 18” Weber Smokey Mountain with cover yesterday. It’s in great shape. The guy has no room for it at his new place.

The funny thing is that the title was for a utility trailer.

https://us.letgo.com/us/i/black-and-gray-metal-utility-trailer_5e336ed7-5a99-4219-ad9b-8ae5b536ebdd

Amazing score! I thought I scored getting my 18" WSM for $199. That was only used a couple times by the med student that never had any free time due to his studies. So besides my Weber gasser collection I am also a Sous Vide nerd who then transfers the Sous Vide to the WSM (and the Genesis of course). Behold my Sous-Vide-Que butt (finished on the WSM):

dXHyjE2h.jpg

Bark was epic and meat was perfect (very moist & fork tender) from edge to edge! 24hr bath time but only 2.5 smoke time. That is why I Sous Vide Que. I aint' got time for no 12 hr cook. Oh and ignore that rogue piece of salad chillin on the edge of the platter lol. Sorry for the WSM talk in the Gasser forums but I could not resist.... I actually have a cliff notes breakdown of this process/recipe if anyone wants it. I call it "Lazy Butt".

That looks great Fred. Please do post the recipe.

Yeah, I’m happy with my score. Definitely easier to find a gasser for free than a WSM.

Guys, I don't know if this can be adapted to a regular beef roast, but I have a "high heat" brisket recipe that I tried last summer and it turned out great. It cuts the cooking time down to about 4-5 hours instead of over night.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am-upiaoBaghe6WT_XD5DbNWlqU

Oh, the recipe is for a WSM, but I did it on my Genesis 1000.

Yah, I have one sitting in the freezer. I think that once I get over this hella cold I have, I will start prepping it for the Genesis. Or maybe I should wait for St Pattys day where it is a traditional meal?

Yah, I have one sitting in the freezer. I think that once I get over this hella cold I have, I will start prepping it for the Genesis. Or maybe I should wait for St Pattys day where it is a traditional meal?

I got that cold Sunday night its going around, know at least 5 people who had it went to work on Monday not so bad had to leave at 2:30 was out Tues and Wed went back today probably 80%. The congestion was a killer slept maybe 13 hours a day wake up for a few hours then back to sleep. It kicked the crap out of me the Mucinex did nothing then at work today they were talking about the Sudafed the one that is not sold over the counter you have to ask for it at the pharmacy and they take an ID so picked some of that up this afternoon as unfortunately gave this to my wife.

That stuff works feel better in 4 hours than I have felt all week, helping the wife also but she has a ways to go. I never knew they sold the better stuff behind the counter something to do with you could use it to make meth sounds crazy to me which is why you need an ID.

I got that cold Sunday night its going around, know at least 5 people who had it went to work on Monday not so bad had to leave at 2:30 was out Tues and Wed went back today probably 80%. The congestion was a killer slept maybe 13 hours a day wake up for a few hours then back to sleep. It kicked the crap out of me the Mucinex did nothing then at work today they were talking about the Sudafed the one that is not sold over the counter you have to ask for it at the pharmacy and they take an ID so picked some of that up this afternoon as unfortunately gave this to my wife.

That stuff works feel better in 4 hours than I have felt all week, helping the wife also but she has a ways to go. I never knew they sold the better stuff behind the counter something to do with you could use it to make meth sounds crazy to me which is why you need an ID.

I feel your pain. My wife and I took this last week off work and ended up with horrible colds. Congestion, coughing fits, low grade fever are all just miserable. We both finally feel better today.

Yeah making meth out of Sudafed is a real thing. Our oldest son was a pharmacy tech for Walgreens for a while and told all sorts of stories about meth addicted people trying to buy or steal all the sudafed.

Back