Cooking in bulk

From the outside, looking in, I'd wish the OP all the luck in the world, but I personally wouldn't touch that situation, period. No way, no how, it's just an utter and complete nightmare. I cooked for ~20 people last weekend, and used up 3 out of 5 racks in my [new] cabinet smoker. I don't even want to think about how much food 800 people are going to eat. Even grilling, you're going to want a pretty good sized rig, but smoking?

To use a quote from a movie: "I always wanted to perform for an angry mob."

I really like the quote Mr.(?) Kalchik! I know I have heard it before but, I can’t think if the movie either!!

And, I agree Len but, I’m still a little curious.

I really like the quote Mr.(?) Kalchik! I know I have heard it before but, I can’t think if the movie either!!

A couple of hints... it's completely non-food related.... and it was uttered on stage in the ballroom up north at Lake Wazzapamani.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but based on Paul's original post, I have serious misgivings about his ability to pull off serving 800+ people. To quote another [unrelated] movie: "Prove me wrong."

All the Bogie movies are great. And Walter Brennan was great in that one Tim (but African Queen is my all time fav) :D

Seriously off topic guys :D

A couple of hints... it's completely non-food related.... and it was uttered on stage in the ballroom up north at Lake Wazzapamani.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but based on Paul's original post, I have serious misgivings about his ability to pull off serving 800+ people. To quote another [unrelated] movie: "Prove me wrong."

OK, the lightbulb just went on! Couldn’t see it through the cigarette smoke and ray ban shades!

- - - Updated - - -

All the Bogie movies are great. And Walter Brennan was great in that one Tim (but African Queen is my all time fav) :D

Seriously off topic guys :D
And your point is?:cool:

This thread has been entertaining to read and a little frustrating.:)

On so many levels!!
Possibly the best last line in all movie history...

“Huh?”

Uttered by none other than Ward Bond. Do you know the movie? Ward Bond is a BIG hint.

Ridiculously off topic!
But the OP has run screaming into the night for whatever reason. But, I hope if he did it, it went well and if it didn’t, I hope he learned from it.

Last edited:

Back