The forgotten Weber Flame 27000 Fireplace/Fire Pit

Ryan,
Using the Flame on a deck is OK and as a matter of fact Alex has a picture of his boys on page 4 doing just that.

I might be selling mine as I picked up a brand new Flame as I have no need for two of them.

Drop me a pm or e-mail me if you are interested.

Jeff

Jeff, it looks like I have made arrangements to buy the one in Chatham posted earlier in this thread, but I will PM you.

I missed Alex's photo on Page 4 - looks good to me!

No problem using on the deck. I put my hand under it when it was running for a good while and felt zero heat transfer.

Awesome, thanks for the info.
I can see this extending our outdoor deck usage into the late fall/early winter if I get one.
I am one to bundle up a bit and go outside and have a meal at the outdoor table anyway, but my wife cannot bear to be cold, so she often does not want to be outside with me during those times of the year.

Jeff, it looks like I have made arrangements to buy the one in Chatham posted earlier in this thread, but I will PM you.

I missed Alex's photo on Page 4 - looks good to me!

Awesome, thanks for the info.
I can see this extending our outdoor deck usage into the late fall/early winter if I get one.
I am one to bundle up a bit and go outside and have a meal at the outdoor table anyway, but my wife cannot bear to be cold, so she often does not want to be outside with me during those times of the year.

The Chatham one is a steal. I was going to buy it earlier but it’s a hike from where I live. I was going to buy it for the cover and then sell it.

The Chatham one is a steal. I was going to buy it earlier but it’s a hike from where I live. I was going to buy it for the cover and then sell it.

Agreed, Alex.

The seller and I turned out to be kindred spirits as the Flame is at their second home/escape in Chatham, but for that same reason it doesn't look like I'll have my hands on it until sometime later in Sept.

Ryan,
Using the Flame on a deck is OK and as a matter of fact Alex has a picture of his boys on page 4 doing just that.

I might be selling mine as I picked up a brand new Flame as I have no need for two of them.

Drop me a pm or e-mail me if you are interested.

Jeff

Psst - Jeff, clear out your PM box when you get a chance.

I can't PM you because your inbox is full.

We have had ours since 2005 and can't even imagine how many gallons of propane we have ran through it. Unfortunately the igniter has bit the dust and needs to be replaced. Does anybody know if the igniter on Weber BBQ's is compatible?

As far as using it on a deck.. definitely not an issue.. we had ours on our deck in Flagstaff for 7 years. Had the local propane company hook up a 50 gallon tank to it so we didn't have to deal with filling up the smaller tanks.

I am not sure what the internal electrode looks like on those things, but the push button piezo is the same as on grills.

Weber #7509 igniter should work just fine.

Jeff
Edit: Different igniter part number.

Last edited:
Weber 27000 Propane

Have been looking for the Weber Flame for a couple of years. Finally located one on Craigslist (natural gas)-they were asking $150 and 90 minute drive. Just found one on Facebook Marketplace for $50 45 minutes away. Going to pick up on Saturday. Any idea where I can get the cover? Does Weber sell them still?

I emailed webber and they indicated that they have discontinued the product. Thanks

I am having my cousin make me one. He owns a custom upholstery shop where he makes convertible tops. I'll let you know the cost and maybe he can make more.

ETA:

I just found this and bought it. I'll let you know how it fits. The dimensions look right, "Guaranteed to fit stand-up fire pits 35.5" long x 35.5" wide x 35" high (14.5” square top)" and the Flame is 35-1/2 by 34-1/2 by 34-1/2 inches.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001VNC3Q4/tvwb-20

Last edited:

Back