New Weber Master Touch for 2019

You mean like my platypus

42485986025_044e951d01_z.jpg
[/url]100_3587 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich,

How nice! Yeah, that is the one I want:eek:. There was one in Orlando six months or so ago, but I couldn't go that far at the time due to tax season. Haven't seen one since except on OfferUp. It was listed as available for shipping and was a beautiful maroon. When I inquired he said he wouldn't ship:(. It isn't like I NEED one, but they are, I think, a great design. Do you like yours?

Jon

Rich,

How nice! Yeah, that is the one I want:eek:. There was one in Orlando six months or so ago, but I couldn't go that far at the time due to tax season. Haven't seen one since except on OfferUp. It was listed as available for shipping and was a beautiful maroon. When I inquired he said he wouldn't ship:(. It isn't like I NEED one, but they are, I think, a great design. Do you like yours?

Jon

I got it for my Kettle Pizza. I wanted more stability than a regular kettle and at least one shelf. I've cooked on it and because the lid is a little different and the vent is on the top it does cook just a little different than a regular kettle. The biggest problem will be if I have to take the lid off to refuel, with the handle on the front it could be a problem.

43550704631_34c759de96_z.jpg
[/url]100_3624 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks like the springs and hinge come prerusted lol ,no problems with no hinges on my performer,love to have the summit but $$$$ ,dropped $500 on a PB pellet smoker that I am still in trouble for,hate to see what that purchase would get me :rolleyes:

,dropped $500 on a PB pellet smoker that I am still in trouble for,hate to see what that purchase would get me :rolleyes:
Mike,
I too have a "Better-Half ; I am still undecided as to purchase a WeberQ 1200 here in Costa Rica as she is insisting that I "gift" either my WSM 18" "Classic" or Weber 22" Mastertouch or Weber Smoky Joe in order to make room for the Weber Q. Since she is now visiting family back of the States I may make this purchase this week in order to surprise her on her return to Costa Rica next Sunday with my "Macho" decision. Also, I will not "gift" any of my charcoal grills as I have adequate space for the WeberQ.

Last edited:
It does look awesome now that I can see the descriptions in English. Thanks for that post, Jim! I'm still sure we'll never see it in the US.

That's a whole lot of cool stuff, especially interested in how those P shaped vents work.
Still curious on the price.

Tim

I think it'd depend on the price for me to buy it. It has a lot of features I wish the Kettle had. It might be too competitive with the WSM if you have 22.5 inches of usable space on a low and slow. I'm not sure how effective the diffuser plate is without the air gap like the one on the summit. I wonder what market research pencil pushing poindexters decide whether or not the US gets stuff. For instance, I'd buy a stainless GBS grate in a heartbeat, but don't wanna spend 40 bucks on a plated one I know will just rust again. I'd spend 80 and buy it once. They are available seemingly everywhere but the US.

I got it for my Kettle Pizza. I wanted more stability than a regular kettle and at least one shelf. I've cooked on it and because the lid is a little different and the vent is on the top it does cook just a little different than a regular kettle. The biggest problem will be if I have to take the lid off to refuel, with the handle on the front it could be a problem.

43550704631_34c759de96_z.jpg
[/url]100_3624 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Ok, now I am going to look for one as a dedicated pizza cooker!

I scored an old basic one touch for $10.00 and have installed the Pizzaque but, have yet to fire it! If it performs well, I’ll build a carriage with a steel pizza production zone! Hi, I’m Tim and I have Weberitis!

So I tried make fire in new Master Touch. By us in Europe is called Master Touch GBS SE E-5775 and is the quit new model . The new diffuser is OK, but it is still only single-side kettle, no heat accumulation . The charcoal Summit is realy different :) See some pictures
DSC_0107-3.jpg

The holder is massive part, no **** material - see my blog

Thanks for the update. That a cool grill! I ran the page through google translate and it probably butchered it, but it was informative!

A bit late and I'm sure most of you have already seen this but in case you missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSpFPc-aNDI

Thanks for the link. Useful to see it running.
I haven't been on TVWBB for a while and came back to see if there were any reviews on the new Master Touch Premium. Looks like it is only available in Europe. Lucky me.
I have some vouchers as birthdays gifts from last year and was hoping to get enough extra cash together to buy a Summit - just spent the funds on a trip to Australia!
So this Master Touch Premium looks like a 'cheap' Summit alternative and could give me a way of doing small scale BBQ as well as additional grilling capacity.
I think I'll get one.

Back