Offer Up score! E-310 for $60!!

Tim K

TVWBB All-Star
While doing my daily CL Weber saerch Monday, I de died to take a look to see if Offer Up had anything I couldn't live without. Well.....there it was, a copper E-310 listed for $75 with stainless flovorizer bars and stainless grates, and new igniter switch. Back story...My wife and I (along with several other parents) have been tailgating after our sons varsity football games this year in an attempt to keep the kids from getting into trouble after the games. Anyone is invited students, players, parents, faculty, coaches, anyone. We grill burgers and hotdogs, one of the parents even brings a small generator and a flatscreen so we can watch all the football highlights on the local news. I have access to a large pig cooker, but it's a lot to hook up and haul. I grilled with my. E-310 but it just wasn't enough grill space. So the search has been on for another Genesis. Well, when I found this one it had been sitting on offer up for over 2 weeks, so the owner was perfectly happy when I offered him $60! The grill was a little over an hour away, but for a deal like that, it was well worth the drive!! I brought it home, cleaned it with some bar keepers friend and it's ready to go.
Now to tell my wife I bought another grill.....

Sounds like an awesome deal. Was it a N/S or E/W burner grill? Also, what does the inside of the cabinet look like?

Pictures????????

I love how you went the route of asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission with the wife.
Really awesome thing you guys are doing to keep the kids out of trouble. Plus it will provide some awesome memories for them! Football is king here in Texas (We have a 60 mil football stadium in our town for high school fb.)

$60 is amazing, now where are the pictures?!?

I love how you went the route of asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission with the wife.
Really awesome thing you guys are doing to keep the kids out of trouble. Plus it will provide some awesome memories for them! Football is king here in Texas (We have a 60 mil football stadium in our town for high school fb.)

$60 is amazing, now where are the pictures?!?
Yeah, the wife realized yesterday that the grill on our back deck wasn't the same grill that was in our garage. The look on her face as she was trying to figure it out was priceless. Then any disapproval was quickly squashed when I told her how much I payed. Yeah, the tailgating is catching on with the kids just as we had hoped. We have to keep a fine balance between practicality and making sure it's something the kids want to attend.
As far as pics, I will try, but I gave up long ago trying to post pics, but that has more to do with my total lack of patience when it comes to technology.

Sounds like an awesome deal. Was it a N/S or E/W burner grill? Also, what does the inside of the cabinet look like?

Pictures????????
The burners are the older east/west configuration. The inside of the cabinet sows (to me) what I consider to be normal wear. The front of the doors are dented where the handles attach to the door. It's almost as if the grill had something pushed up against the front during transport. No scratches anywhere on the front so I know it didn't fall on its front, just looks like the door handles were pushed in.
Tim

Sounds like a well spent $60 to me. Enjoy. The older E/W burner grills are better IMO. Consider a rotisserie for that thing. Spinning a couple 5 lb chickens could be a great alternative to burgers and dogs once in a while.

Back