Weber Charcoal at $3.90/bag

I bought a few bags yesterday and then picked up four more bags this morning at 6:30 on my way home from taking my son to the airport.my wife told me to go back and get more so I went back and by 9 am it was all gone.

Apparently goes fast on Saturday morning.

so I've got like eight bags of the Weber and about half a dozen bags of the embers still left that I got for $3 a bag. All it basically $0.20 a pound. I went through half a dozen bags of the embers pretty quick over Christmas and just about 1.5 weeks.

Last edited:
I told my Wife about this and she started calculating the savings at 67 bags $4 vs $20. If you look at it like that then it could be said over $1000 dollars was saved.

Yep yep. Tried explaining that to some guy on FB kettle groups who was complaining about all the "I scored" posts.

I bought a few bags yesterday and then picked up four more bags this morning at 6:30 on my way home from taking my son to the airport.my wife told me to go back and get more so I went back and by 9 am it was all gone.

Apparently goes fast on Saturday morning.

so I've got like eight bags of the Weber and about half a dozen bags of the embers still left that I got for $3 a bag. All it basically $0.20 a pound. I went through half a dozen bags of the embers pretty quick over Christmas and just about 1.5 weeks.

Martin, did you check brickseek to see if there were any other stores close by ?

https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inventory-checker?sku=300620528

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, and two of my friends hit the same store right after me.

Ummm, why was there any left for them ? Did you know they were coming and were just being nice ?;)

After checking brickseek and seeing my local store has 87 on hand I decided to go. When I got there I found several torn and destroyed bags. I managed to get 5 that were in good shape, and even some of the ones I grabbed have rippes in them.

After checking brickseek and seeing my local store has 87 on hand I decided to go. When I got there I found several torn and destroyed bags. I managed to get 5 that were in good shape, and even some of the ones I grabbed have rippes in them.

So the 87 count was inaccurate? In Mass, I see some of the stores still have plenty of bags left (120, 300+, etc). I'm debating getting another batch of coals.

So the 87 count was inaccurate? In Mass, I see some of the stores still have plenty of bags left (120, 300+, etc). I'm debating getting another batch of coals.
When I got to the store I found about 20 bags. There was another couple there sorting through them when I walked up. I must have had an I need charcoal look about me because they raised their hand and said what you're looking for is over here. Then they asked me how many bags I wanted I told them I was going to pick up around 10. But I don't think there was that many good back left. I think they took six bags and I took 5 that we're not too torn up. When I left there was still several bags but they were beaten torn and broken. But I did check brickseek again after I left the store and it still said they had 86 bags. So it wasn't entirely accurate. At least not 5 or 10 minutes after we purchased our charcoal.

Martin, did you check brickseek to see if there were any other stores close by ?

Wow, that is awesome. Thx

A store 20 mi and 60 mi from me show 45 and 81 . Maybe i check tomorrow morning. Cant abandon my baby backs tonight.

Home Depot site , says there's not any within 100 miles of Oklahoma City.

This is not unusual.

The 3 hd near me are sold out. The ones that show it are in smaller towns.

I *might * drive 60 mi to look. I want to check mileage on my truck after fixing front axle disconnect. I discovered my front was locked, turning my front diff all time , for.....probably years....costing me several mpg theoretically.

If buying enough....even 100 mi might be ok

Out of 10 stores in 75 mi radius from me, only 2 show some.

Last edited:
No such Weber charcoal deal at my local Home Depot. “Sale” price was $14.06. But I picked up the last three bags of Kingsford Professional for $3.90 each. Asked the Garden Dept manager about the Weber sale and showed him the deals you’re all posting, he said “not in our district” and predicted Weber charcoal won’t be back at HD this coming grilling season.

Anyone have the inside scoop on this Weber charcoal sale? Is The Home Depot just clearing out inventory, or no longer carrying the product, or is Weber pulling the plug on their charcoal business? PM me or use “Contact Us” link if you know but can’t say publicly.

Anyone have the inside scoop on this Weber charcoal sale? Is The Home Depot just clearing out inventory, or no longer carrying the product, or is Weber pulling the plug on their charcoal business? PM me or use “Contact Us” link if you know but can’t say publicly.

Mine cleared out several kinds of charcoal and has now
restocked. Got rid of 15 pound bags of embers for $3 a piece and now has stocked up with double packs of 20 lb bags of embers for like $15. Fully stocked with Kingsford etc as well.

But noticeable is that there is no place for Weber charcoal.
So my guess.. was that they were not carrying it anymore. Which is a shame because it's good charcoal if that's the case. But when they charge $5 more than Walmart for the
exact same bag .... I mean, who's going to pay $20 for a bag of charcoal? Not the guy that needs 20 bags, and not the guy that realizes that he can get 45 lb of embers for the same price as 20 lb of Weber.

Last edited:

It's my understanding that Weber will continue to make and market the charcoal, but HD will not be carrying it, at least not this year.

Home Depot site , says there's not any within 100 miles of Oklahoma City.

This is not unusual.

HD.com search is wrong on this. That happens when an item goes to clearance. It told me that there was none within 100 miles of Louisville either. BS told me otherwise.

https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inventory-checker/?sku=300620528

Midwest City #3911
1600 S Sooner Road
Midwest City OK 73110
(3 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
In Stock
On Hand Qty: 12
Saleable Qty: 11
Clearance

N Oklahoma City #3902
3040 Nw 59th Street
Oklahoma City OK 73112
(7 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
In Stock
On Hand Qty: 17
Saleable Qty: 16

HD.com search is wrong on this. That happens when an item goes to clearance. It told me that there was none within 100 miles of Louisville either. BS told me otherwise.

https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inventory-checker/?sku=300620528

Midwest City #3911
1600 S Sooner Road
Midwest City OK 73110
(3 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
In Stock
On Hand Qty: 12
Saleable Qty: 11
Clearance

N Oklahoma City #3902
3040 Nw 59th Street
Oklahoma City OK 73112
(7 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
In Stock
On Hand Qty: 17
Saleable Qty: 16

Have you actually confirmed that these are in stock by calling the store? Jason in CA says that his store showed "86" but there were only 15 sellable bags.
https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?76404-Weber-Charcoal-at-3-90-bag&p=840186&viewfull=1#post840186

I told my Wife about this and she started calculating the savings at 67 bags $4 vs $20. If you look at it like that then it could be said over $1000 dollars was saved.

Sure, if you buy it normally at HD, and thats all you buy.

But if your like me and pay $6 for 15 lbs cheaper charcoal normally, well i cant make quite that arguement. Still a few hundred $ though, $400 ish for 1300 lbs. And the weber bags are great. Dont absorb moisture. Its a rare great deal . Worth a years supply if you got the room to keep it.

Last edited:

Back