Nathan's Foot Long Hot Dogs

wow those dogs are looooong!!!! I have not seen them in any of my local stores. Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Never had the foot longs but love the regular Nathan's. But these look great you could use a whole can of chili on just 2 of those.

We are a hot dog family, and love the snap of Nathans, but the absolute best dogs weve ever had, are Snake River Farms Wagyu Frankfurters. Its the only dogs we eat now...theyre that good.

WSd7agM.jpg

My local Harris Teeter has the foot long Nathans dogs and buns.
Regular size Nathan’s are buy 2, get 3 free. Nathans regular buns are on sale, too.

I'll have to look for Bar-S the next time I go to the market. The problem is that I'm the only one who eats hot dogs in the family. I average 1-2 per month. I don't bother with a roll, just use one of those 80 calories wrap, sometimes split in half.

Around here, there's a local brand Pearl that makes great hot dogs. I like the Kountry Klub Franks.
13.jpg

Had the grandkids visiting for a couple of weeks. On hot dog night tried the BarS dogs and they were really good. Everyone liked them.

Those look awesome Chris, will check out our Safeway tomorrow and see if I can find some.

Last edited:
I did not so much.

Everybody has a right to their opinion...even if its wrong. ;)

But seriously, just a few observations/comments on your video...all beef hot dogs are ALWAYS more lean. Me and my family dont care for all the grease and fat in most dogs. We also can taste the quality and great flavor of the Wagyu beef. As for the splitting, non issue for us...we butterfly our dogs for more surface area to char. Oh, and one last thing, manufacturer who make both, bologna and hot dogs, use virtually the same slurry, so there should be no surprise a hot dog would taste like bologna.

Back