Name of propane adapter

Also, I just got the 3/8" flare x 1/8" NPT adapters and installed it and my new regulator hose on my grill. Worked perfectly. Interestingly, I noticed my grill has TWO extra ports on the manifold with 1/8" NPT plugs in them. The gunk on them is just soapy water from me testing the new propane connections with soapy water.

zwVuAWT.jpg

Could that be one for a side burner, and one for a gas light??

The Holy Grail of manifolds!

Tim

I'm Natural Gas, and loving it every time I fire up!

Good luck, Propane People! I remember the tanks ....

Is it normal to have a quick disconnect coming off that 1/8" adapter?

Only if the manifold was originally on a grill with a side burner. As for the 2 NPT plugs that's a new one. I wonder if that fitting has something to do with that flame safety check button on some models? Since I have never even seen one of those I have no way to know

I wonder if that fitting has something to do with that flame safety check button on some models? Since I have never even seen one of those I have no way to know

From memory the flame check device is between the gas in line and the manifold. (currently a long way away from my grills, unable to check)

Hey Bruce, where did you end up getting the 3/8” flare x 1/8” NPT fitting? Pretty much locally I’ve got Home Depot, Lowe’s, and ace hardware and I need that exact same piece. I wish I woulda saw that amazon hose with the fitting already on there a week ago!

Hey Bruce, where did you end up getting the 3/8” flare x 1/8” NPT fitting? Pretty much locally I’ve got Home Depot, Lowe’s, and ace hardware and I need that exact same piece. I wish I woulda saw that amazon hose with the fitting already on there a week ago!

The link Bruce showed you Lowe's and HD do not have that size fitting they only have the 1/4 end not the 1/8. If you have a local Fastenal they may possibly have it.

You know I have had a 20 year old regulator go bad I really IMO don't see trying to save those. I would worry more about the integrity of the rubber hose but for under 10 bucks why not just buy a new regulator with a brand new hose, sounds silly to me since those adapters to retro the old ones costs 5 or 6 bucks when you could plus the fitting Bruce listing so you really are not all that much money especially for a keeper.

Here is a new regulator for less than 10 bucks on Amazon and has very good reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01GZPBCPU/tvwb-20

It's that price on that site. I simply threw it out here so the OP knew what to look for not recommend they buy it from that resource. I buy them locally at my Menard's store. But they're on FleaBay and Amazon and so on. Also on an older grill like the OP's the new regulator will not just "bolt on". He'll have to find a 1/8" NPT to 3/8"flare fitting, hopefully get the old nipple out of the manifold without damage, and find a hard to find (sometimes) part. Get the idea now? Sometimes it's just plain simpler to replace the ACME nut and be done with it

Yep, Larry's idea is just an alternative to replacing the whole thing. I have seen threads on here with people replacing the whole hose and regulator and winding up with a bad regulator as well. Sometimes, the old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" really holds true. But, yah, you can replace the whole thing for about $15 in parts if that is what you prefer to do. I don't see a problem with either approach and I have utilized both in the past.

Back