Weber is best briquette

I just replenished my KBB pile during the holiday sale at Home Depot.
Its hard for me to spend more than $10 for 36#.
Maybe I will go by Target later today and see if they have the Weber at similar price.

Picked up ... "some" ;) of the Weber 20# bags on sale at Target for the present marked down price of $5.98 . . . seems its per store based on when they mark it down, they will not match another store, I tried

after carefully waiting for my local Target to priced them at $5.98....they did this morning so I went I bought a bunch....I cant wait to try them tonight.

still, when I want a NO PROBLEMS grill or smoke, I'll go directly to KINGSFORD.
Original, Blue Bag, KBB ... call it whatever you like, I will use Kingsford original or Competition / Professional over anything else.

I searched the brickseek website and grabbed four bags yesterday for $5.98 in Hurst, TX. They had to price adjust at the register but there were no issues. Thanks!

What did you say to them to have them adjust it? Did you say the brickseek website?

I used it for 1st time yesterday. Put an entire 20 lb bag in & used about 2/3 chimney of RO lump to light. Put meat on an hour later (9:30am) 4 8 lb butts done 11 hrs later. Ran 250 all day (eith water) never touched anything. Took meat out & put in a tray of beans. Now running @ 300. Left it alone until 10:30pm. Shut vents to extinguish. I never had any other charcoal perform like that. Very impressed.

KBB gives off an odor that I can't just get past. The Weber is far far superior.

Agreed.

I smoked 4 pounds of sausage patties with Kingsford regular, and I didn't quite let the blue smoke burn off, and it ruined the patties. Even my wife complained about it. I don't know how folks use the stuff in snake mode without tainting the finished product.

Weber coals remind me of Royal Oak lump somewhat, but I guess that's only fitting since Royal Oak actually makes Weber coals.

i bought 10 bags at target for 5.98. cooked a 6lb butt yesterday and was pleasantly surprised

wsm 18
full charcoal ring with a small dimple, in which i dropped in 15 lit kingsford briquettes
bricks in a foiled water pan, i do add some water to a foil pan which also catches drippings.
6lb butt
265 degrees
i did foil at 165 degrees, the whole cook was 7 hours.

i still had 2/3 if not more of coal leftover. that's some high mileage coal, weber does it again

I picked up 4 bags at 5.98 from Target. Looking forward to my next cook so I can give it a try.

Back