You hated it as a kid, but now...

...but now I don't need no stinkin' excuse to go for a ride in my new-to-me roadster :)

I just go.
xuEM4MP.jpg

I get back from a 2 hour ride and I'm just so relaxed, it's like being on a vacation.

Nice car, Len!

I'd like to travel the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Dragon's Tail in that!

Nice car, Len!

I'd like to travel the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Dragon's Tail in that!

Thanks :) It's got a nice mix of handling tight curves like you describe (but not quite as good as a Porsche can at speed) and cruisin' down the highway (better than a Porsche IMO). It's not as stiff (but does rattle my teeth going over RR tracks).

Last edited:
Nice mb. Hope you got an extended warranty.

"Self-insured" so to speak. It wasn't a CPO car but the dealer offered a 4 yr warranty for $5000. I came to the conclusion that I could finance any repair by "putting away" $1,200 a year in a special bank account. If I didn't need it, bonus. For some expensive items (house for example), insurance is necessary.

After all, insurance companies are NOT there to help you. They're in business to make a buck and will consider every possible means to avoid paying out on a claim.

If you look at those "warranties", you'll be astounded at what is NOT covered.

It'll be two years now and I'm $2400 ahead of the game :) (knock on wood)

Some non-Roadtrip 180's here.

Grilling & Cooking. I had zero interest in it as a kid and teen, then all of a sudden it became my passion.

I never cared for exercise for the sake of exercise (sports and games were a different story) as a young-un, but now that is the highlight of my day.

Other things along these lines include: mowing the lawn and gardening.

I think it's all about doing something creative or physical after sitting all day at a desk.

Len, then you understand the game. No further advice from me needed. Just don't follow the mb service schedule. Do things more often and stick with full synthetic oil.

Back