The Adapt-a-Damper - Open Source Project

A fellow printer of the AD inspired me to print in black and red. I like it ...

yekSi6P.jpg

rjhmGqv.jpg

It really shows off the joint. I like it.

Here's his ..
bl6vUB8.jpg

Last edited:
So here's the 15 CFM version of the Adapt-a-Damper next to the stock unit. Good for those larger smokers to include large offset smokers. The top guts have been removed to view the guts of the unit. If you want to print your own, go here

Last edited:
Regarding the 15 cfm versions. A couple of questions:

1. What is the adapter intended to connect to. I use a 1-1/2" pvc female adapter on a 1-1/2" SST close nipple. Will the adapter fit either in the 1-1/2" pvc fitting, or on a 1-1/2" pvc pipe?
2. Can the TP SG90 servo be used in lieu of the MG90?

Last edited:
Regarding the 15 cfm versions. A couple of questions:

1. What is the adapter intended to connect to. I use a 1-1/2" pvc female adapter on a 1-1/2" SST close nipple. Will the adapter fit either in the 1-1/2" pvc fitting, or on a 1-1/2" pvc pipe?
2. Can the TP SG90 servo be used in lieu of the MG90?

it's designed to fit a BBQ Guru adapter, which i believe is about 1 3/8". No problem for me to whip up an adapter for 1 1/2" pvc (fitting or pipe). Can you measure the OD?

it will not work with an SG90, as the thickness will not allow the stem to protrude.

The inside diameter of the adapter as is is 1 3/8". It was designed to fit over a BBQ Guru adapter. I can design an adapter to fit your needs if you like.

I may have overlooked this or way overthinking this, but can someone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for the ethernet jack?

This may be answered somewhere else, but I can't find it.

Is there a way to add threads to the smoker mount piece? (I don't see an individual picture of it in the list of pictures on Thingverse, but it is seen in the picture of the actual purple printed product, underneath the piece with the servo)
I hoped it would come with 1" NPT threads to screw on a pipe, but it doesn't.

I'm also guessing the opening of that piece in question - might be too large anyway, even if I could put 1" NPT threads in it.

This may be answered somewhere else, but I can't find it.

Is there a way to add threads to the smoker mount piece? (I don't see an individual picture of it in the list of pictures on Thingverse, but it is seen in the picture of the actual purple printed product, underneath the piece with the servo)
I hoped it would come with 1" NPT threads to screw on a pipe, but it doesn't.

I'm also guessing the opening of that piece in question - might be too large anyway, even if I could put 1" NPT threads in it.

Just added a file with 1" NPT threads. The file name is Adapter_1inNPT. I printed one to verify and the fit is excellent.

Back