Genesis ii GS4 burner info.

That seems pretty hot. But I don't think there's anything really wrong with it. Probably don't wanna throw any hamburgers on there at that temp

That seems pretty hot. But I don't think there's anything really wrong with it. Probably don't wanna throw any hamburgers on there at that temp

I didn't think there was anything wrong either. It was exactly what weber recommended before using the grill. I just remember reading quite a few people say the Genesis II didn't get hot enough. I have never seen a grill get hot enough to get the flavorizer bars glowing orange like that.

Will be making burgers on Sunday so will see how it cooks compared to the old grill.

I did notice how the flames coming out of the burners have more blue to them than our old grill which was more yellow.

LIkely the old grill just needs a good cleaning on the burner tubes. Or possibly new tubes.

Remember when new a grill will always run very hot. Because there is carbon buildup inside it so the metal surfaces will reflect much more heat and the thermometer will show it. After a number of uses you will not see those high temps anymore as the carbon will allow the grill to soak on that heat. No worry you're golden

Remember when new a grill will always run very hot. Because there is carbon buildup inside it so the metal surfaces will reflect much more heat and the thermometer will show it. After a number of uses you will not see those high temps anymore as the carbon will allow the grill to soak on that heat. No worry you're golden

Alright that is good to know. I also noticed the 4 flavorizer bars above the burners that got orange now have that bluish gray look that metal gets when it gets that hot and then cools down.

That is typical. After you do a few cooks on the new grill, those shiny stainless bars will get crusted over and you won't see the colors any more. But, yah, that is typical of steel that is heated up and the cooled.

You could always do what I used to do to get rid of the blue on my motorcycle pipes. Get a tube of simichrome and a rag after they cool and polish them up real nice. My fingers ache just thinking about all that polishing I used to do. Between the alloy wheels, the spokes, the pipes what have you, on my Guzzi the rocker covers it's a wonder I ever had time to get in the wind LOL

You could always do what I used to do to get rid of the blue on my motorcycle pipes. Get a tube of simichrome and a rag after they cool and polish them up real nice. My fingers ache just thinking about all that polishing I used to do. Between the alloy wheels, the spokes, the pipes what have you, on my Guzzi the rocker covers it's a wonder I ever had time to get in the wind LOL

Honestly I don't think it would be worth it as once I cook a few meals on it they are going to get crusted over and wont' notice it anymore like Bruce said.

Yah, if said you were actually going to "polish up" those flavo bars, I would have had myself a good laugh at my keyboard.

Yah, if said you were actually going to "polish up" those flavo bars, I would have had myself a good laugh at my keyboard.

If I was trying to sell it and wanted it to look new then yes but for a grill I'm going to use it would definitely be a waste of time.

Back