Looking for a new gas grill.

My fingers hurt.

So I bought this

Now my fingers don't hurt.

I figured this was as good a place as any to post this since I am using it for the first time on this grill. If any of you are doing more that just a little spray painting I really recommend this, or something like it. There is no reason I couldn't have finished without it like I've done for many years on projects in the past. But now that I've used it I really like it. I paid about $7 for it and in the little time I've used it I'm going to say it's worth the little that it cost.

If you do a lot of spray painting I suggest you give one a try. You might lust like it.

If you're doing a lot of painting why not just get a small compressor and an inexpensive spray gun. Buy the paint and chemicals in bulk and get better results for less $$$$ and faster to boot

I really don't do that much painting any more. The fire boxes on the grills are really the biggest things I'm working with. And I'm not a mas production rehaber. But when I saw the can topper at Home Depot I figured why not. With my little time using it I'd say it's worth the few dollars it cost. For anyone that uses spray paint a lot I'd say it's a good product.

Yah, that is a great idea. I remember after doing an E310 last year, the frame, fire box, end caps and bottom and side panels, my finger was numb on the tip when I got done. It took a week for the feeling to return. I though I was going to never get it back.

I am in for one of those. Amazon?????????

Just thought I'd throw it out there since I'm about to take the emblem off the lid. Lets have a little fun,

Poll:
Red kettle emblem YEA or NAY.... :redmastertouch::blackkettle:

Arun,
That is definitely worth waiting for. Not only are you getting a well made classic Weber, you are getting a fairly rare and VERY cool model! We look forward to welcoming you into the “Skyline Club!”

Arun, all your homework will pay off in the end. You have made the right choice.

My fingers hurt.

So I bought this

Now my fingers don't hurt.

I figured this was as good a place as any to post this since I am using it for the first time on this grill. If any of you are doing more that just a little spray painting I really recommend this, or something like it. There is no reason I couldn't have finished without it like I've done for many years on projects in the past. But now that I've used it I really like it. I paid about $7 for it and in the little time I've used it I'm going to say it's worth the little that it cost.

If you do a lot of spray painting I suggest you give one a try. You might lust like it.

That is a cool device. Thanks.

Yes on the red kettle emblem.

Interesting device. I've only done one full restore where I repainted the frame and end caps but I really remember the aching fingers!

Bruce,

We have got to get you back in the club;)!

2e1zii0.jpg

I guess I have to turn over my card. However, Arun is no longer looking for a gas grill. I took pictures of the finished product but for some reason photobubket isn't working correctly for me today.

I'll post pictures after I receive and install the handlebar light; and hang my tong and spatula set (which I haven't received yet). I received the Char Gone today.

And I need to refill my propane tanks.

Then, the grill will be settled and ready to use.

Arun, what kind of grates are you getting for the grill? Are they going to be RCPlanebuyer grates?

Back