2018 Done, 2019 Getting Started

I have been on the hunt for one of those for a couple years. They show up, but I am not willing to pay what they usually want for them or else they are missing a piece is the other problem.

Genesis 2000/3000

I completed this restoration yesterday after fiddling around with it for about 3 months
between flips. I plan to use it occasionally with and without the side burner so I did
an extra shelf for the times when the burner will not be needed. I did not do much
to the inside, other than new burners and an igniter. The 13 bar flavorizer set is stainless
and in very good condition. I kept the stamped stainless grates, but covered them with
my GrillGrates.

2000 mode
aSAUPXQl.jpg

3000 mode
w9jY9T9l.jpg

I’m considering seeing if my cabinet maker buddy might want to try making some replacement slats in cypress to match the over performer. But, I don’t know if I’m pushing my luck, he’s done so many projects for me for nothing more than lunch! We shall see.
Your restoration looks wonderful!

Dave,
That’s another home run on that one! That is worthy of being a keeper. I especially like the wood stain and the two-mode setup. Can’t beat that!

Thanks to everyone that loves the red heads :)

OK, I have to do at least one grill like that with the Spar.

I really enjoy mixing in the wood working with the grill work.
I would do these exclusively if there was any demand for them,
but it simply does not exist here. I have had this one and my Jr
on display for each and every person to see when they come, in
hopes they would fall in love and want one. I have 4 red head
900 and 1000 frames and all that I could restore just like this one
but it would be a waste of time. A few people have admired them
a little, but then they ask how old they are, and lose all interest.

Back