New for 2017: Weber Genesis II Gas Grills

Again having looked SERIOUSLY at both I disagree. Also know if yo look at a big box store they do not sell the whole line of BK or units from Onward. You need to find a true "dealer". But while even the big box models are not "quite there" in some factors they cost about half as much and from my judgement should last about the same amount of time given a little care.

What specific models or onward brands are you referring to? There's so many it's a bit overwhelming for some of us.

If you look a the Onward site you'll see a bit of overlap and I think it's due to "regional" brands. I have looked into the BroiKing and Huntington lines both appear pretty impressive for the $$$.

Got a text from my local ace hardware owner and he said the new ones are due in the warehouse this week so it won't be long now

Not sure where you read that on that site but truly would not surprise me since much of the current Genesis is already made in China. Also noticed the warranty looks much shorter on the new ones

Not sure where you read that on that site but truly would not surprise me since much of the current Genesis is already made in China. Also noticed the warranty looks much shorter on the new ones

If you launch a comparison of the standard and LX models, "country of origin" is listed and for the non-LX it says "China." This could just be pre-release, wrong or incomplete information but if true, really sad.

The stubby lids on the new models assure that I will stay with my current Genesis Gold for the long haul.
When I got it I thought that it might last as long as I do. These new models, not so much.....

The stubby lids on the new models assure that I will stay with my current Genesis Gold for the long haul.
When I got it I thought that it might last as long as I do. These new models, not so much.....

I love my Genesis Gold. It's 13 years old although I've only owned it for 6 months. It's a beast for sure.

What's the advantage of nonstubby lids?

I don't think they are nearly as stubby as the photos make them appear. In the trade show pictures they did not appear stubby.

Any update on the Timing of the new Genesis II Grills?

I asked at my Local Ace HW this week, but said they didn't know anything and wanted to give me $100 off to take one of their in Stock 2016 Genesis models... I declined.

Thanks
SW2

Last edited:

Back