The Case of the Shifty Shaker

Also want to pass on this tip.
I cut a circular piece from one of those thin plastic cutting mats to seal the contents and prevent spillage..

779020275_tp.jpg

Oh c'mon Bob, it's not a big deal.
They are sending me a return label and re-sending the correct item.

I just got dramatic for dramatic purposes only, as my niece likes to say.

And to speak the truth, I have NO IDEA why i think i need another shaker anyway.

Bob, I appreciate your message to me, however, i could not respond because your box is full :D

Enjoy the weekend folks!

actually, it's my suggestion to NOT do business with KaTom Restaurant Supply, Inc. of Kodak, Tennessee.

It seems they do not understand the language of the land they are doing business in: English.

My correspondences with them are (if you're not involved in this matter) ludicrous. Over borderline tragicomical.

I've already decided I'm out 16 bucks and some change.
How many phone calls can you make?
How many phone calls can you make and get no satisfaction or comprehension of any kind?
and how long must you remain on hold for someone to answer that cares what you have to say?

The customer service at KaTom Restaurant Supply, Inc. is non-existent.

So, Mr Allingham.... be THANKFUL you bought your Cambro 96SKRC 10 oz Capacity, Camwear Polycarbonate Shaker/Dredge with Yellow Cheese Lid from Amazon and NOT from KABOOOOM!!

This is the same one I bought from Amazon. Got three of them and they work great.

As a result of Chris' post and watching this all play out, I got the "hankering" for one myself. This is what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B009LQKOPU/tvwb-20

When I ordered, it was an advance order as they were out of stock (and they listed it as such), so there was a few days delay. I have taken delivery and am quite happy with it.

Happy Shakin'!!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I've seen the things (shakers) all over the place (restaurants mostly). I think I saw one at Sam's club (metal version) just last week. However, I use a large recycled spice container with a snap-on lid for my butt seasonings (including a little rice for moisture control). And for really big mixtures, I use a Ziploc bag with the air removed.

The 16 oz. Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning containers work great for most rubs. For really coarse rubs and when seasoning a large cut like brisket or pork butt, I like the shaker jars they use in pizza parlors for Parmesan and crushed red pepper.

Bought 2 of these recently, I like them a lot. $6.47.
308926D1-93F8-423F-9DCB-5AE55CE21841.jpeg
Then I ordered a couple of these, I freaking love these things! $10.99 , worth every penny.
For some reason both are sold out.
D53F0CDE-93E7-483C-84C2-AC6CCC5E45FA.jpeg

Back