Smoke Day 11 at the P1Gvilion!

I'm with the Dahl's in it's a little far from NC! But I'll have a cold one in spirit and toast the host with the most!

Looks like the plans are shaping up Jim. I'll do a simple rack of ribs to share with SWMBO. You better have a half hog for your crowd! LOL. Have a blast with it my friend!

That's sure to be an awesome time. Wish I could make it. A great opportunity for fellowship and maybe pick up a couple of tips from the Rib Master.

My wife, son & I really enjoyed our afternoon at the Taj Mahal of barbecue in Raymond, Wisconsin. Jim and his wife Liz welcomed us to what was mostly a family gathering and we felt right at home.

Great food was served. I'm usually kind of fussy with what I eat, but I enjoyed all the side dishes that were served. Jim's St. Louis ribs were perfectly cooked, with some tasty rubs and sauce on the side. He smoked some locally made Kielbasa that was also outstanding.

I never knew how close we were, 23 miles as the crow flies according to me GPS. We are already talking about doing Smoke Day XII at my place.

Thanks everyone! and Thank you to Jim, Bobbi and Martin for joining us Saturday, we had a Blast and hope you did also!
Here are a few photos...

Friday night I cleaned and trimmed the ribs then seasoned them...

IMG_3259.JPG

Saturday morning set-up the "kitchen"

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

The 22" WSM was housing to 7 racks, the Black 26" OTG held two and the newly purchased Black '79 "A" kettle smoked the last one.
The red kettle was reserved for fresh kielbasa and the DoubleD Burgundy will roast a kettle of whole sweet potatoes

sd11i.jpg

Saturday turned out BEAUTIFUL and just enough breeze to cook comfortably in the sun...

sd11j.jpg

sd11n.jpg

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

sd11l.jpg

once all the ribs were in the smokers, it was time to do other things to get ready for the guests...
like, pick out the "right" t-shirt. I opted for this ▼ one:

IMG_3269.JPG

around the 3 O'clock hour, folks started comin' around...

sd11o.jpg

by 3:30, most everyone was here...

sd11z1.jpg

bowling buddy and good friend Bob was on hand to help cut up and serve the smoked kielbasa..

sd11p.jpg

...while I was checking on the ribs...

sd11z2.jpg

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3272.JPG

time to cut'em up

sd11h.jpg

sd11z3.jpg

sd11z.jpg
sd11y.jpg

sd11r.jpg

after dinner, Liz' youngest brother Dave and his son Saul entertained us with live music

IMG_3279.JPG

sd11x.jpg

I hoped everyone have a good time and ate some decent barbecue...
Think this was another successful Smoke Day celebration... with many more to follow.
Sunday, everyone was gone and the yard was empty.

sd11t.jpg

sd11u.jpg

sd11v.jpg

Thank you everyone for stopping by!

memday.gif

Last edited:
Don't know how you do all that without pulling the hair out of your chin.
Don't know how you up manage to Up the game year after year.

Jim, that was one fantastic looking good time, with great eats!
I bow to you my friend!

worship.gif

Jim what a great party! How cool of you to open up your beautiful home. Really really neat. Thanks for the pics.

Back