Briquettes other than KBB?

The long burning kingsford and the professional are close to a buck a pound here. I really like the weber once you get it on the premiums

I've been picking up two bags of this stuff each trip to Costco. $.56 per pound.

I was impressed with the limited amount of ash it produced on my initial clean-out cook on the JJ and the WSM.

Dub, be careful about sitting your chimney directly on concrete surfaces. Cracks can develop.

Yes, Rusty makes a very valid point on safety. I used to set my chimney directly on my driveway a few times with no problems. You can see the slight orange discoloration in the concrete. But I always set my starter cube on a small paver.
35693827464_c670d684b5_c.jpg

The last time I did it, I couldn't find my small paver so I just placed my starter cube on the drive ( Wrong ) I was getting ready to bend over and pick it up, and I heard a pop like a firecracker and a piece of concrete shrapnel blew by my face.
Concrete hold moisture for a long time, and if you quickly hit it with a High heat source it causes thermal shock.

I was lucky I didn't bend over a few seconds earlier cause these are pics from the crater left behind.
36482300296_9ae5b80c4f_c.jpg

36528673065_1408f77423_h.jpg

Be safe!:)

Tim

Last edited:

Back