Finally pics of my Genesis Silver C

Hi,
It must be the height. It looks so imposing behind this one. Also the grill area is more.. will post pics of the 330 when decide to sell...Decision.....decisions I don't think the Genesis cover will fit on the Silver???

I have cooked on and owned them (sister and BIL have the front panel one) honestly their might be about 1 to 1.5" difference in depth (front to back) and the same side to side

Yep, the 300 series grills really aren’t much bigger. They are just higher which is nice, but just look more imposing. I think that is why they are easy to sell as flip grills. Just a lot of problems with rusty cabinetry.

I have cooked on and owned them (sister and BIL have the front panel one) honestly their might be about 1 to 1.5" difference in depth (front to back) and the same side to side

You're right Larry, although I agree with George The e320 looks much bigger than the earlier gens & silvers but the grates are only about an 1.5 inches deeper. The added height is what I really like. Also I don't know what they did but I never get any flareups on the e320 like I did on my silver.

If only the burners could be remotely rotated for rotisserie cooking..I do like the E330, but I think the Silver is more practical for me-rotisserie, regular cook, no rust, working very well, and only cost $75.....so if it lasts me a few years it would be worth it. Now if only to find a buyer for the 330.
BTW The cover for the 330 did fit the Silver, but a few more inches would have been nice...Thanks. George

I get a kick out of how you think that grill is so big. It is really no bigger than the one you just bought

I happened to be outside doing a little organizing and light cleaning of a couple project grills. Have a potential buyer who might be interested in one “as is.” Anyway, it gave me a chance to do an objective comparison of the size of a Genesis Silver (and all other classic Genesis 3-burner grills which had the same grate size) compared to the Genesis 300 models (“sidewinder” and front control models are the same size).

Here is a picture of a set of the Silver grates on top of a 300 Genesis grill interior:

2jcsexe.jpg

Clearly the 300 IS bigger, but not by a whole lot as others have noted. Maybe enough for five or six more burgers or another steak. Whether it is enough to make a worthwhile difference is the subjective part, but at least now you can clearly see the actual dimensions directly compared.

Yep it was the best way for them to compensate with the N/S burners and losing all that real estate for indirect cooking. Plus I think it allowed burner and grate lengths to line up between the Summit and Genesis line for easier/cheaper production tooling

BTW the spareribs(photo gallery) that I made last night were delicious on my “cheap” grill. I used front burner then at end used front and back on low.

Back