Welcome to WSM Smoke Day 13: May 27, 2017

LarryR is in, staying local this year, looking forward to some good Q and cold brews around the pool this weekend. Weather should be sunny and low 90's here in Vegas, perfect Smoke Day weather!

Good to see you checking in Larry!

Is it just me or is getting to this SD 13 thread harder, or different, to get to this year?

New member here.

This is my 1st WSM Smoke Day and I can't wait. I'm gonna start tomorrow with a Tri-Tip and see where the rest of the weekend goes. I plan to smoke a brisket, ribs, and chicken before the weekend is over.

Finally figured my Smoke Day out - as it turns out, we're entertaining on Saturday. So it's gonna be pulled pork and pulled chicken; and of course, some No. 5 sauce. Bird on the Performer and pork in the WSM. Need to get to Lowes first for some KBB.

New member here.

This is my 1st WSM Smoke Day and I can't wait. I'm gonna start tomorrow with a Tri-Tip and see where the rest of the weekend goes. I plan to smoke a brisket, ribs, and chicken before the weekend is over.

Welcome aboard, Kenny!

We're closely monitoring the weather here. We're supposed to have severe storms with strong winds tomorrow so my cook is up in the air, no pun intended.

Camping at Myrtle Beach and just put a brisket on my 14" WSM. I've had a 18" WSM for years at the house but this 14" goes everywhere we go when camping.

Have a great Memorial weekend everyone and think about why we celebrate at least once.

We're closely monitoring the weather here. We're supposed to have severe storms with strong winds tomorrow so my cook is up in the air, no pun intended.

Postponing our Smoke Day activities here, I was going to do a couple of pork butts. Looking at an alternate plan for Monday now :(

Hi guys, new to the forum, and new to the WSM.

Got my WSM last week, and today was it's inaugural cook. Cooked a 5 lb chicken, a rack of baby back ribs that I had lying around in the freezer and an 11lb pork butt with some drip beans. Chicken was great, ribs could have benefited from longer, and I'm still waiting on the butt - about an hour left. Beans are underneath and are in coming up on 3 hours now, smell amazing!

A great way to start with my WSM on Smoke Day!

Thanks Bob...pork butt just out, and wrapped, trying to stop myself from eating all the beans while I wait to pull the pork apart! Very impressed with the WSM 18! Have been reading through the forum all day, such a great resource!

Pork butts, whole or sliced into steaks, for 99 cents a pound here, so that's the road I'm taking.

88 cents a pound here, and a 5% discount for shopping on Thursday!

I've already smoked these butts, along with chicken sausages, and I plan to have burnt dogs, more chicken sausage and grilled corn on Monday. The butts are gifts for family members.

Finally got some ribs going after spending most of last year just doing pork butts for parties. First Smoke Day in a couple of years.

around9_089w_zps4nbgc46s.jpg

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

My inaugural smoke day began on Friday with constructing a Smokey Joe mini from our cabin neighbor's donation. Did test run with pig candy and was running hot.

Saturday we invited the Smokey Joe donor over and smoked pork chops and salmon while keeping close eye on temp. Salmon was perfect, chops coulda used a little more brine time but tasty. Everyone loved it and was good time.

Today is an annual meat raffle and if I come back with any winnings it may end up on smoker Monday.

Have a great weekend.
Chris

Finally got some ribs going after spending most of last year just doing pork butts for parties. First Smoke Day in a couple of years.

around9_089w_zps4nbgc46s.jpg

Looks great, Steve! Interesting tidbit: I have a cousin named Steve Liguori.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys, new to the forum, and new to the WSM.

Got my WSM last week, and today was it's inaugural cook. Cooked a 5 lb chicken, a rack of baby back ribs that I had lying around in the freezer and an 11lb pork butt with some drip beans. Chicken was great, ribs could have benefited from longer, and I'm still waiting on the butt - about an hour left. Beans are underneath and are in coming up on 3 hours now, smell amazing!

A great way to start with my WSM on Smoke Day!

That's a heck of an inauguration! Well done, sir!

Back