Beer.

I saw a cool t-shirt when I went to the grocery store this morning. It was green and in yellow it had the outline of Wisconsin. Printed across that was the phrase "Drink Wisconsinably". Very cool and I told the guy so!

Is this it?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3966/8653/

Do they have a beer finder on their website? Since it's in German, I couldn't understand it.

https://www.wernesgruener.de/

Ok, I used Beer Menus and found a store that sold it. I'll try to get it later this year.

That's the stuff. IMO especially at the price point it's da bomb

I misunderstood Beer Menus. The place they suggested had it, doesn't have it.

So I can't find it anywhere.

My wife and I are splitting a 12 oz Great Divide Yeti, then we will split an Oskar Blues Ten Fidy . Its been a long day

My wife and I are splitting a 12 oz Great Divide Yeti, then we will split an Oskar Blues Ten Fidy . Its been a long day

I wish I had read this a few days ago.

I was just in the area, a bit out of town, that had this beer. I'll have to come back to this later this year. It's the closest place to me.

I had the Oskar Blues Ten Fidy.

I liked it. I'd get it again.

I will too :)

That and Great Divide Yeti are my two fav Imperial Stouts, and Ten Fidy just may be the better of the two. Stouts don't degrade on the shelf like hoppy beers, in fact, it can work to the opposite, they can get better with age. There's one package store here that has some 2017 Ten Fidy and its really good.

Oskar Blues also brews a barrel aged version, its seasonal and not easy to find, and expensive if located. Last released in Oct 2018.

I really been enjoying a few Mexican Cerveza's lately. Bohemia and Victoria.

Tim

I just picked up Bohemia. Haven't opened it yet.

How easy is it to open the wrapper surrounding the bottle cap?

Can you remove it so that there's no more wrapper around the top of the bottle?

I have a problem with beers from Unibroue beers. I try to remove the wrapper on top of the bottle cap, but it's only possible to remove fragments of the wrapper at a time. I can't just unpeel the whole thing.

Therefore, bits of wrapper remain near the top of the bottle. And when I drink from the bottle, my tongue hits those wrapper parts.

Also, I found a place that sells 32 oz bottles of Victoria. I'll be having that now.

We went to see Captain Marvel today. Really good movie!
Not realizing that a lot of people were celebrating St Patrick's day today, we went to a brewery in the next county over for dinner, Rivermen's in Belmont.
Let's just say it was quite the lively bunch, but their black IPA was quite tasty!

Local brewpub is celebrating their 1 year anniversary in business (Hot dawg!) and spent a few hours there last night and again this afternoon. The brewmaster has their pale ale dry hopped on Simcoe, Citra and I don't remember the 3rd variety, in firkins for the weekend. The pale ale on Citra was awfully good.

Phil, My wife and youngest son were in Charlotte yesterday for the ACC championship game and said the place was crazy with all the bars celebrating St. Patrick’s day! Sounds like the shoulder is allowing you to get out and move around some, that’s GGEAT NEWS!!
Tim

I just picked up Bohemia. Haven't opened it yet.

How easy is it to open the wrapper surrounding the bottle cap?

Can you remove it so that there's no more wrapper around the top of the bottle?

I have a problem with beers from Unibroue beers. I try to remove the wrapper on top of the bottle cap, but it's only possible to remove fragments of the wrapper at a time. I can't just unpeel the whole thing.

Therefore, bits of wrapper remain near the top of the bottle. And when I drink from the bottle, my tongue hits those wrapper parts.

Also, I found a place that sells 32 oz bottles of Victoria. I'll be having that now.

Similar to a Modelo ( tho I prefer Modelo in cans, more creamier). My churchkey has a small foil cutter on it, I run that once around the lower lip and open as normal.
You can always pore it in a glass.:)

Tim

I always pour into a glass. To me, the beer just tastes better.

Don't care if it comes in a can or bottle. Can is easier to deal with and there's no diff in flavor from a can or a bottle.

Back