Found my unfindable...a Weber Junior/Jr.

I try to stay away from these kinds of threads. I started needing a redhead. Oh but that blue is soooo pretty. Then someone had to post some pictures of a beautifully redone skyline.

:eek:

And then there is the original Genesis with the wide slats, those really cool early Platinums with the Summit frames, the last Platinums with the stainless frames, Q's with team logos...my wife would agree that it never ends!!!

And then there is the original Genesis with the wide slats, those really cool early Platinums with the Summit frames, the last Platinums with the stainless frames, Q's with team logos...my wife would agree that it never ends!!!

That sounds very familiar.... ;-)

Speaking of Platinums with the Summit frames...

https://offerup.com/item/detail/533184678/

So tempting because it has the cabinet that Weber got right. Do I need it, probably not but I want it LOL!

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought I loved them before I ever found this place - now I'm here and you guys have all gotten me really hooked.
I look everyday to see what is out there...

Did some cleaning up on the Junior-

Lid Before:
4utkhW4.jpg

uEth6L6.jpg

After:
Tfd8LZi.jpg

VtnBxBP.jpg

Used Dawn Power Dissolver on the inside of the lid and End Caps. Lightly scraped the inside lid with a single edge razor.

Jeff

The End Cap as well as the Cook Box has a built date of March 1988.

This Junior is 30 years old!!

6wskNRl.jpg

8zY4Xgf.jpg

Jeff

Are you saying you got the inside that clean with just that Dawn stuff and no grinder wire brushing?!! That is pretty impressive.

Looking good already:cool:. It appears you will have a really special grill in no time. That will be a keeper:D!

Timothy,
Sounds that gentleman know what is he and is willing to wait for the right buyer.

https://jxn.craigslist.org/for/d/refurbished-weber-gensis-jr/6684069864.html

Jeff

That one is really nice and looks to have cleaned up fairly well though far from perfect. Not a big fan of the substitute handle, but still definitely a cool grill.

Did you notice that he plays up all the internals EXCEPT the difficult burners? Fortunately for him they look decent, at least in the pictures. Coming up with a way to make good replacements might have value beyond your own needs. There probably is a small but very good market for them.

What did you use on the inside of the end caps???

Beautiful job.

Are you saying you got the inside that clean with just that Dawn stuff and no grinder wire brushing?!! That is pretty impressive.

Looking good already:cool:. It appears you will have a really special grill in no time. That will be a keeper:D!

That is just Dawn Power Dissolver sprayed on and let dwell for around 45 minutes. No wire brushing what-so-ever.

Jeff

That is just Dawn Power Dissolver sprayed on and let dwell for around 45 minutes. No wire brushing what-so-ever.

Jeff

I bought a spray bottle of that stuff per your recommendation but I have not used it that way. I will try this and report back!

That one is really nice and looks to have cleaned up fairly well though far from perfect. Not a big fan of the substitute handle, but still definitely a cool grill.

Did you notice that he plays up all the internals EXCEPT the difficult burners? Fortunately for him they look decent, at least in the pictures. Coming up with a way to make good replacements might have value beyond your own needs. There probably is a small but very good market for them.

Jon,
It has the black knobs like mine so it's probably an early model. It is missing the side shelf and I, too, am not a fan of the Handle or the wood used. Also, the frame looks a little rough in sections but the insides of that cook box as well as the Flavorizer Bars, Grates, and especially the Burner Tubes look to be mint.
Might make someone a nice grill.

Jeff

I bought a spray bottle of that stuff per your recommendation but I have not used it that way. I will try this and report back!

JKim,
Looking forward to your review.
Like I stated, spray liberally, let sit and do it's thing, then rinse off with a strong stream. Oh...and don't get on your skin, it burns.

Jeff

Back