Performer for $175?

Does anyone know about what the dimensions are on this with the table folded down? I'm now not 100% sure I can fit this into my car when it's assembled.

Steve,

Not sure about dimensions but based on the grill being about 22" wide maybe 25 X 30 X 48 tall?

For a brand new one, I would say $175 would be a great deal. Looks perfect. I really like this design, but one issue is that the steel table is susceptible to rust, especially at the hinge area. Keep it waxed and hopefully stored in a garage or shed and I think it will do well for you. This one replaced the one I have with the two oval thermoset tables, one on each side.

If I buy it I might need to bring a screwdriver and separate the kettle and the work surface. No garage or shed available, but I do have a spot that would work under the eaves where it'd fit.

Got any tips on navigating the marital strife of trying to buy more than one grill?

It will probably be fine, just get a cover and keep the steel well waxed. It’s a really nice grill.

I am the last to advise you on spouses. My wife does not enjoy my grill hobby. My endless curiosity and lack of time to finish too many projects give her ample ammunition to zing me with. I personally think having two or three grills you semi-regularly use is reasonable. Different grills for different purposes. This is especially true if you snag a great buy or get for free an old grill that you restore. When you get like me and have more than you can reasonably use and more projects than you can finish in a few months you probably do need to start listening to her:eek:!

If I buy it I might need to bring a screwdriver and separate the kettle and the work surface. No garage or shed available, but I do have a spot that would work under the eaves where it'd fit.

Got any tips on navigating the marital strife of trying to buy more than one grill?

Perfectly prepared ribeyes!
Then, after you decide you need a rotisserie, make the Peruvian chicken from Raichlen’s book!

Hah, I think it's a swing and a miss on ribeyes but you're on to something with the chicken.

I talked with her about it and confirmed I want to buy it. Definitely going to be my last grilling type purchase for a long, long time (should last a long time so I'm satisfied). I'm going to make sure I have tools to disassemble it in case I need to do that to fit in in the car for sure.

Back