Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

God bless all of you in the path of the hurricane hedded for the Carolinas. Hope you all make it through safely!

I give up!

The storm track keeps moving around like a drunken fly.

Now, with the exception of our southern coast, it appears South Carolina is going to get the lion's share of wind & rain including parts of Georgia. However, if the track doesn't change again, it wouldn't surprise me if the system followed the eastern side of the Appalachian Mountain chain on up into Virginia.

Anyway, it's going to be wet around here this weekend. I'm just glad I live on a continental divide of sorts.

We just took over the Charleston area. Not sure if we're going to be able to deliver there early next week if it hits!
And I told my mom to grab her husband and come to Charlotte BEFORE it hits where she lives, an hour and a half east of here.
Gotta leave all the kitties, though. Sorry, Winn!

Robeson County?

My wife's folks hail from that area. Kind of worried about that area flooding out.

Cool little fun fact.....
In the new Atlanta falcons Football stadium, there's a chic-fil-a restaurant.
Think about it.....
Tim

I spent the morning tilling my garden and planting seed for a winter cover.

I'm not as young as I once was, that tiller wore me out.

Cool little fun fact.....
In the new Atlanta falcons Football stadium, there's a chic-fil-a restaurant.
Think about it.....
Tim

If it's open for the football games, then their stores up here are telling stories!
And GO PANTHERS! Keep pounding!!!!

Getting windy around here.

Got word five folks died near the coast. A tree fell on one family, and some dude got electrocuted trying to run a generator in standing water?

Wind forecasts have been upgraded to about 50 mph for the piedmont region. That's strong enough, coupled with expected record rainfall, to bring down some big trees. There's a lot of water oaks in this area, and they are prone to disease more so than other oak varieties, so I expect the sound of chainsaws next week.

30 years ago, right after Hurricane Hugo, some local wrote a song about chainsaws sung to the tune of Rawhide...

http://btmemories.com/sounds/miscellany.html

Back