I will just leave this here

Cool, just flip back and forth from one fuel source to the other...and wait for the bonfire:eek:!

I actually messaged the guy to discuss. It was originally NG. I mentioned changing the orifices, or the manifold.
He said he simply swapped hoses and insists all is well and it works just the same as before.

Maybe he has created a hybrid grill. And to think we have all been worrying over orifice sizes, manifolds, etc.:rolleyes:

What is the deal with the crossover tubes for the older genesis? I can only find the newer type where the centre burner burns straight up. Did they discontinue the older style?

What is the deal with the crossover tubes for the older genesis? I can only find the newer type where the centre burner burns straight up. Did they discontinue the older style?

Jon,
I don’t believe I have seen any offered new that have the holes down both sides.

Yah, I think Jon is correct. I keep getting grills with good tubes but the dang crossover is either toast or the welds on the middle burner bracket have broken. I ordered three crossover tubes a couple days ago off Ebay. THey were a couple bucks cheaper than Amazon.

Oh, by the way Jon, I stopped out at the landfill today. Guy said the had just dumped the big dumpster that they throw scrap in but a couple people had dumped since. I looked and there was a barrel smoker in there, but no grills. He said Monday would be a good day to check after the weekend when a lot of people dump their stuff. The problem is that I would have to actually dumpster dive and they are the huge 20 foot long by 8 foot tall dumpsters. Uggghhhh. I am not that spry any longer. I will have to get my SIL to come next time. hahaha.

Jon, are you looking for the crossover tube for the other style or the tubes themselves? If so, what does that crossover tube look like?

Getting to be a lot of "Jons" on here. Jon in Minnesota, Jon in Norway and Jon in Florida. Getting hard to keep track of you guys.

Just a word of advice..but people need to take screenshots of posts, because often once it is sold, it gets deleted on FB or CL.

Jon, are you looking for the crossover tube for the other style or the tubes themselves? If so, what does that crossover tube look like?

Crossover tube, the old style has the little plate centered while the newer style has slots the middle burner goes into. I'm at work so no pictures.

It's no problem, I'll just move the plate on the newer type and weld it back on.

I actually messaged the guy to discuss. It was originally NG. I mentioned changing the orifices, or the manifold.
He said he simply swapped hoses and insists all is well and it works just the same as before.

I will lay odds it was LP and he put NG hose on it. If you put an LP hose on a NG appliance it will light up like an asphalt melter with flames extending WAY out beyond the flavor bars and perhaps as high as the grates. As you would be close to tripling the pressure 4" WC as opposed to 11" and multiplying by 5 at least the amount of BTU entering the burners

Back