Canadian Bacon & Butt

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
yesterday in the rain/sleet/snow/crummy weather, smoked a 5 lb cured pork loin.
east wind kept us out of the covered pigvilion (only south and west sides are tarped)
hiding and staying dry by the side of the geerage.

zMWEqLH.jpg

5mMBalk.jpg

today, with no rain and very little wind, I started a 7 lb pork butt seasoned with Kevin's Butt Rub

AVgYFY1.jpg

AsBcoG6.jpg

11UhL7h.jpg

hope it'll be done in time for dinner... if not, tomorrow's dinner will be ready.
Thanks for swinging by!

That Canadian bacon looks delish. Any special cure or seasoning? How did the butt come out?

That looks delicious Jim. Nice work. I have a alternate area to escape to on those especially nasty days too. Admire your perseverance. Really like your personalized cutting board..... and your security sign! Will be mixing up a batch of Kevin's Rub for my next butt cook. Good to see you post!!

Great to see another one of your great cooks Jim. Weather here is rainy, windy and cold so I'm not doing much outside cooking.

That Canadian bacon looks delish. Any special cure or seasoning? How did the butt come out?
Thank you Robert! Cure is basic Morton Tender Quick... I do cure it for 14 days... and the butt is still on, at 174ºF right now... should be done in 3 hours or so.

That looks delicious Jim. Nice work. I have a alternate area to escape to on those especially nasty days too. Admire your perseverance. Really like your personalized cutting board..... and your security sign! Will be mixing up a batch of Kevin's Rub for my next butt cook. Good to see you post!!
Thank you Cliff! The board was a gift from our AWESOME neighbors and the security sign went up the day after our burglary in October last year.
Thanks again ;)

Great to see another one of your great cooks Jim. Weather here is rainy, windy and cold so I'm not doing much outside cooking.
Thank you Rich, Hope you're doing well!!

Back