Thirty Four Wonderful Years with my Lovely Wife

Rich -

Congrats and that is an amazing looking meal. Did you put anything else on the roast? The exterior of it looks amazing!

Daum

Happy anniversary! That meal looks worthy of 34 years!
And Pammi and I are halfway there! Of course, we're both on marriage #2! But, it's been a good 17!

Rich -

Congrats and that is an amazing looking meal. Did you put anything else on the roast? The exterior of it looks amazing!

Daum

Daum, I was amazed at the color also. I just used SPOG, salt, pepper, granulated onion ,granulated garlic. Might have been the olive wood.

Happy Anniversary Rich and Barb, you kids knocked that anniversary cook out of the park.
I love brussels sprouts, when you have time, could you post the maple syrup and almonds recipe please.

Thanks, dessert and a cocktail are in order.

Jeff here is the recipe for the sprouts. Hope you like them. Skillet Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup and Smoked Almonds

1 Pound small Brussels sprouts, (small to med size) trimmed and halved
5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
¼ Cup smoked almonds Chopped fine

Arrange Brussels sprouts in single layer. Cut side down, in 12 in. nonstick skillet. Drizzle oil evenly over sprouts. Cover skillet, place over medium-high heat, and cook until sprouts are bright green and cut sides have started to brown, about 5 minutes.
Uncover and continue to cook until cut sides of sprouts are deeply and evenly browned and paring knife slides in with little to no resistance, 2 to 3 minutes longer, adjusting heat and moving sprouts as necessary to prevent them from overbrowning.
Off heat add 1 Tbsp. maple syrup and sherry vinegar along with the ¼ cup smoked almonds. Mix together and serve.

Sent you a PM. Barb.

Jeff here is the recipe for the sprouts. Hope you like them. Skillet Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup and Smoked Almonds

1 Pound small Brussels sprouts, (small to med size) trimmed and halved
5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
¼ Cup smoked almonds Chopped fine

Arrange Brussels sprouts in single layer. Cut side down, in 12 in. nonstick skillet. Drizzle oil evenly over sprouts. Cover skillet, place over medium-high heat, and cook until sprouts are bright green and cut sides have started to brown, about 5 minutes.
Uncover and continue to cook until cut sides of sprouts are deeply and evenly browned and paring knife slides in with little to no resistance, 2 to 3 minutes longer, adjusting heat and moving sprouts as necessary to prevent them from overbrowning.
Off heat add 1 Tbsp. maple syrup and sherry vinegar along with the ¼ cup smoked almonds. Mix together and serve.

Sent you a PM. Barb.

Thanks Barb, I like everything about the maple syrup BS recipe.

Back