Stable Firmware Release v14

Changed linkmeter to luci in the config. Now able to see luci-app-dns but can't load because of the following:

Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-app-ddns:
* ddns-scripts *
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-ddns.

I have been running the 12/1/2017 snapshot for over 24 hours and it seems solid. Thanks Bryan

x2

Update: Still having drop outs. Can I just get a different adapter than the edimax to solve my problems?

Last edited:
What ddns provider are you using?

I'm using DuckDNS. I solved my problem by setting it up through my router. I like having it on the Pi so that I can potentially just forward an IP address if I go to a different house, but I have never actually done that so I think I'll be okay.

If you're using a external wifi adapter (like the Edimax one) then I would recommend using the current snapshot instead of v14 release as the client mode wifi is not stable at all in the release.

bryan, just noticed an issue with my HM. specs below. issue is when i click the download graph from the bottom left and get "lid open", temps appears to drop drastically but doesnt, and fan spikes. it all happens very quickly. is this a known issue with this build? information below with pic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s0_8L59DbOtehL6hS2-XpsKhL2b8ODGz/view?usp=sharing

Raspberry Pi Zero W Rev 1.1
LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT r4119-1a16cb9c67 / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.100.70571-29fabe263

That's... odd? I've never seen that happen and testing with 3 devices here (Pi B, Zero W, and Pi 3) none of them exhibit this. I actually just took a 4.3 + Zero W out to the grill, set it for 225F and then came back in and downloaded 10 graphs from a second browser window. I never saw the temperature drop, which would cause all the symptoms you're seeing (the fan go up and then the lid open).

Yep. it is quite odd. If you would like me to take a video or something just let me know. Do you think i should just reinstall the latest version? would i matter if i was using a Linux machine and chrome? other then that i am not sure why it would have happened either.

EDIT: Disregard! I updated the image one more time and it looks to finally has taken.

-------------------------------------------

Guys, I've been running an older version of the s/w for a few years now. Today, i decided to get the latest and greatest. I have a raspberry pi B, grabbed the appropriate img (heatermeter-bcm2708-stable_14-skynet.img. I used Win32 disk imager to install it on the SD card. Loaded it and plugged it into power. Via a monitor I watched its progress. Screen goes by to fast to watch everything, but I do see I get a lot of cannot set group tty for /dev/tty**. Then it ends on wlan0: link is not ready. I am not connected to my local network (10.0.0.*). I'm using a edimax wifi dongle.

Let me know what I can try to get this back in action. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello all, I'm having problems with my wifi signal dropping. If I notice no activity on my phone, I'll simply unplug the edimax wifi dongle and put it back in. I'm on a Raspberry Pi B, reformatted my SD card, reapplied the image received from download page (heatermeter-bcm2708-stable_14-skynet.img). What could be causing the drop? Sadly, my display is dead, so they only way I can use this is via a wifi connection.

You might want to try switching to the snapshot build. The driver for the rtl8192cu wifi chip that the edimax uses turned out to be pretty unstable for people after release so I switched over to a different driver for that chip. My main HeaterMeter uses the edimax adapter and a Pi B with the snapshot and it is solid as a rock whereas before it would drop off randomly after a few hours or a few days.

You might want to try switching to the snapshot build. The driver for the rtl8192cu wifi chip that the edimax uses turned out to be pretty unstable for people after release so I switched over to a different driver for that chip. My main HeaterMeter uses the edimax adapter and a Pi B with the snapshot and it is solid as a rock whereas before it would drop off randomly after a few hours or a few days.

That sounds like the answer to my problem! Thank you!

I just bought an 18" WSM and the HeaterMeter board and case and mem card. I have a Pi that was going to build a video game cabinet with but lost interest. I'm trying to find the be all end all of info on how to set this up.......

I've done some searching, but it is a bit spread out and frustrating, but I don't want to be "that guy" that asks a bunch of questions that have already been answered.

Chris

I have an old HM 4.0 board. Can i use the latest stable or snapshot firmware? I was on 10/03/2014(v12) and just updated to v13(02/04/2016) that was in the online repository tab, but noticed that v14 wasn't listed.

Back