Worst Nightmare Came True

"Apparently no injury's to residence or fire fighters.

This could have been a real tragedy, where we live there is around 800 homes and thanks to the heroic effort of the fire fighters it wasn't any worse than it was."

Good. I guess your charcoal grills won't be getting used anytime soon.

"Apparently no injury's to residence or fire fighters.

This could have been a real tragedy, where we live there is around 800 homes and thanks to the heroic effort of the fire fighters it wasn't any worse than it was."

Good. I guess your charcoal grills won't be getting used anytime soon.

Got that right Clint, but at least I still have a home and were all safe. Within a short walking distance from my house there are homes that were burned to the ground, the shells of six motor homes and plenty of burnt out buildings.
You always think it won't happen to you. I now realize how fast these fires travel and in a short second your whole life can go up in flames.
Unfortunately this is just the beginning of the fires here.
No rain in the forecast for the next 30+ days, hot and bone dry.

Rich, glad you are okay, at least for now. If worse comes to worst, be sure you have an up-to-date inventory of your property, with as much detail as possible, and photos/video of at least the more valuable items. Then store a copy of that inventory in a safe, remote location. (If it sounds like I spent 40+ years as an insurance loss prevention consultant, it's because I did :). )

Larry, we haven't had a drop of rain this year and nothing in the 30 day forcast, not good.

My friend's son is a forestry fire fighter in the UP of MI. He regularly gets sent "out west" to your neck of the woods and CA etc to help fight fires there. Hard on him and his family. He's away for weeks at a time, he's got 2 little tykers too. But he loves what he does

Difference between a few years:
PJNVVqO.jpg

VQMmbwt.jpg

The rains can't come soon enough for us.

Last edited:
That is quite a difference Russ but at least you have some green, everything here is dead or dying. Barb and I went down to Phoenix to have lunch with our daughter today and on the way back there was another brush fire being fought about a mile from our house, hope they get that one under control.
My big fear now is these brush fires are popping up all over the state at some point the resources to fight these fires will be to spread out to be effective.

Back