Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

To each his own Larry. The IP in my opinion is not just another counter top item it's a multi task cooker that can do a lot more than you think. You list multiple items to do the same thing that one IP can do. No it can't deep fry or make bread. But that's not it's purpose. I can't agree with your opinions as you have never tried one or I assume had anything made in one.
The quality of the food is excellent and clean up is one pot and it will cook as fast as any antique pressure cooker.
I guess every forum has to have someone that's an expert on everything.
No. I'm not talking about you Rich. :)

tICnhKy.jpg

How many 750ml bottles of red wine does it take to remove 4 inches
of heavy snow (approximately 1400 sq ft) using 16 spatulas (spatulae)?

ukehsCO.jpg

Larry...

Years ago we disposed of our ancient stove-top pressure cookers. Now we are getting ready to dispose of our often used but ancient crock pot.

Why.... ???

They have been replaced with an 8 qt Multi-cooker ! One of those fancy-dandy electric / electronic do-dads that sits up on the kitchen counter.

And it's one manufactured by Zavor, the same team that brought you your Fagor stove-top model.

Hello to all my Arizona forum friends! Passing through your beautiful state on I-40 tonight. Clear skies, 24*F, heavens full of stars. Venus is bright in the western sky leading us home.

Larry...

Years ago we disposed of our ancient stove-top pressure cookers. Now we are getting ready to dispose of our often used but ancient crock pot.

Why.... ???

They have been replaced with an 8 qt Multi-cooker ! One of those fancy-dandy electric / electronic do-dads that sits up on the kitchen counter.

And it's one manufactured by Zavor, the same team that brought you your Fagor stove-top model.

I know Fagor has brought them out to jump on the bandwagon so to speak. I still regardless tend to dislike plug in counter top appliances. Maybe thanks to coming home one day to the smell of burning Chineseum rubber and plastic. My brother and sister in law have an IP. She loves it. I have eaten food prepped in them as well. No different than a regular (as some call it "antique") but than with a couple good cooking vessels as I mentioned I can do everything the IP can do (true a little more skill is involved) BUT I can truly multitask (all at the same time) with what I have. So yeah while I can't just dump stuff in a pot and push a button I can still have far better control and do everything I need at top quality and without the risk of that wonderful aroma that greeted me after work one day. Admittedly not an IP or that brand product even. It was a bread machine. But it scared me enough to never trust set and forget type counter appliances again. Obviously I have a toaster and my KitchenAid Mixers, plus my food processors by Cuisinart but those are not set, forget and walk away appliances. HEck my last microwave failed in a spectacular way ith sparks fire and smoke. Again thank heavens it was not a walk away type appliance.

Hello to all my Arizona forum friends! Passing through your beautiful state on I-40 tonight. Clear skies, 24*F, heavens full of stars. Venus is bright in the western sky leading us home.

Love living in AZ except my old body doesn't like the cold anymore. In the Prescott area I can drive 15 minuets from our home and be at Willow lake in the pines watching the eagles hunting for fish to feed their young ones. Exploring ancient Indian ruins are just 30 minuets away. Target shooting in the national forest 20 minuets away.
Taking a little longer drive lunch at the Grand Canyon.
Being a southern California guy this is a great place to retire.
Been here with Barb for 18 years and still haven't seen it all.

It seems so odd to hear the words "cold" and "AZ" in the same sentence. I still can't get beyond it being one big hot desert :D

So it must be the elevation because I finally looked on a map and see it's not far from Phoenix. I would also imagine though while you see cold it doesn't stick around for 6 months like here

So it must be the elevation because I finally looked on a map and see it's not far from Phoenix. I would also imagine though while you see cold it doesn't stick around for 6 months like here

Less than a couple of hours from Phoenix and both terrain & weather change drastically.

Good gawd, this trip was 15 years ago: http://chixjeff.dnsalias.net/BOTW_2005

Note: While some of the shots do show some alcohol consumption..... that did not take place on the trail runs.

It seems so odd to hear the words "cold" and "AZ" in the same sentence. I still can't get beyond it being one big hot desert :D
My wife and I left Flagstaff in a heavy snowstorm back in March 2018, and we were still showing signs of the sun we'd picked up at the ballparks in Phoenix just a couple of days before.;)

From Prescott to Phoenix it's about 110 miles. The Phoenix altitude is 1124 ft. our altitude is 5366 ft. Flagstaff is 6910 ft. There is a saying here "What do you do the day after it snows...Watch it melt" although we did have snow on the ground last year and this year that lasted about a week.

Last edited:
So, I was 8-10 miles from my mom's house while out doing my customer service thing, so I decided to go have lunch with her.
She wasn't up for getting out in the rain, so I stopped by Wally World to get some lunch meats for our lunch.
When someone finally came out from the back, I asked the young guy for a half pound of turkey breast.
He got it out of the case, put it on the slicer and went to town! He walked back over to the scales, put the way more than a half pound of meat on the scales, lifted about half of it off, printed the sticker, put it back on, stuffed it in a baggy and, the meat in it and handed it to me!
I just kinda gave him the eye ball, and asked for some ham and swiss, half a pound of each!
The same routine for both items!
I told him that I appreciated that, told him to be careful and went to pay for my deli meats and cheese!
I'm not complaining about bad service, or the extra food.
But the kid will be out of a job, and possibly have to reimburse the Walton's for this, if he gets caught!

So, I was 8-10 miles from my mom's house while out doing my customer service thing, so I decided to go have lunch with her.
She wasn't up for getting out in the rain, so I stopped by Wally World to get some lunch meats for our lunch.
When someone finally came out from the back, I asked the young guy for a half pound of turkey breast.
He got it out of the case, put it on the slicer and went to town! He walked back over to the scales, put the way more than a half pound of meat on the scales, lifted about half of it off, printed the sticker, put it back on, stuffed it in a baggy and, the meat in it and handed it to me!
I just kinda gave him the eye ball, and asked for some ham and swiss, half a pound of each!
The same routine for both items!
I told him that I appreciated that, told him to be careful and went to pay for my deli meats and cheese!
I'm not complaining about bad service, or the extra food.
But the kid will be out of a job, and possibly have to reimburse the Walton's for this, if he gets caught!
Never look a gift meat slicer in the mouth.

Back