New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Must need to have their credit card to be offered the plan, it wasn't offered to me, not that I planned to buy.

That is correct, technically you are giving up the 3% points in return for 18 months “interest free” financing. Hell of a deal if you ask me. $72.83 a month is nice.

I think Bob's correct I went and looked at their credit card offer and it spells it out about the no interest on selected items. But on the other hand I have seen that offer on some items I've looked at, but assuming I clicked on it I'm sure it would direct me to sign up for the Amazon card.
We are down to just a couple of credit cards all with zero balance and we are going to keep it that way, that's a quote strait from Barb the finance minster/war department.
At our age running up a lot of CC debt isn't going to happen.

Last edited:
FWIW the Amazon card is a great card if you use Amazon and are a prime member. 5% off Amazon purchases.

Let’s see, we all know the caliber of the much esteemed kettle, after how many years we all (here) appreciate the incomparable worth of the WSM. I’m willing to wait a year to allow a manufacturer with that kind of track record a year to iron out the (Seemingly few) bugs. Good barbecue takes time! I will wait for my buddy to get one, he loves being early in line!
A company which has had the success rate Weber, is worth making sure the latest and greatest is indeed, the greatest.
I’ve got time.

Last edited:
I am not in the market for a pellet grill but if I was, I would probably take the wait and see approach as well.
Anyway, passed a nice big brisket today for $2.28 a lb. I immediately thought about the Weber pellet grill when I saw it.

I am surprised that Weber is not offering some extra incentive for preordering. It seems like their primary goal for preordering is to have the Smokefire available as holiday gifts.

Yah, that is probably their way to get into the Christmas buying season without actually pushing up their release date. Plus, it gives them an idea how many to make up front so they don't over produce and have a huge back log of stock and so they don't under produce and fail to maximize sales. A financial incentive would have been nice however. Maybe just a 5% preorder or maybe a free cover or something like that on Cyber Monday.

i contacted Weber about the fuel useage between the EX4 & EX6, asking if the EX6 would use more fuel due to its size.

John B (Weber-Stephen Products LLC)
Dec 3, 09:56 CST
Hello Ron,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and your interest in our SmokeFire grills!

Both models will consume about the same amount of pellets.

When set to 'low and slow' (200-27 F), they'll use about 1 to 2 pounds of pellets an hour.

When set to higher temps for searing (500 F+), they'll use about 3 to 5 pounds of pellets an hour.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Thank you,

John
Marketing Associate, Online Consumer Care Americas Marketing

Is the EX4 comparable to the Genesis II line with the 2 or 3 burners for cooking surface area ?
Is the EX6 comparable to the Genesis II line with the 4 or 6 burners for cooking surface area ?
I am referring to the actual cooking surface area (not the goofy upper warming rack that Weber also takes into consideration for sq cooking) just the area where the iron grates are located.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like that little burner receptacle would hold enough pellets to burn to get a grill very hot.

YQJf6kX.jpg

Is the EX4 comparable to the Genesis II line with the 2 or 3 burners for cooking surface area ?
Is the EX6 comparable to the Genesis II line with the 4 or 6 burners for cooking surface area ?
I am referring to the actual cooking surface area (not the goofy upper warming rack that Weber also takes into consideration for sq cooking) just the area where the iron grates are located.

Based on the comment Baby Back Maniac Made after going to the big Weber intro show for the SmokeFire I think the EX4 probably has the identical grate space to a classic Genesis 1000/Silver/Gold, etc. The EX6 has a third grate so it would appear to be one and a half times the size of these grills. If I am right than basically these grills have the same grate space as the first generation Summit 4 and 6 burner models respectively.

The newer Genesis 300 and even newer Genesis II grills are larger than the old classic ones and would not compare to the SmokeFire as easily.

Back