New Weber pellet grills for 2020

Dan, here's a couple of posts I made earlier explaining the mods I made. There's a link to pics on one of them. An option to the way I did it is to find an insert that you can put your caster in. If you have more questions feel free to PM me. https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?78...be-offering/page2&highlight=camp+chef+casters

I just looked at the SG model and the legs are not square tube like my DLX. That changes the game. My first thought is "I hope you know a welder". The angle iron legs would need the caster insert welded to the legs. You'll need to stay with steel for strength. Those are my first thoughts but I'm going to think about this and look at what caster arrangements i.e. folding are available.

Last edited:
Lew:
Nice mod which I'm sure made it a lot easier to move and sturdier due to the shelf. Looking at the one I bought, I think I've got a bigger project to do mods to since the 4 legs flare out.

I’ve heard Weber, Lowe’s and Amazon,
I’m hoping Amazon offers me its installment payment plan, I put a $1200 Genisis in my cart as a test and was offered an 18 month interest free payment plan.
We will know more tomorrow.

I’m hoping Amazon offers me its installment payment plan, I put a $1200 Genisis in my cart as a test and was offered an 18 month interest free payment plan.

Oh Boy, Barb may not be happy with me if I do that.

Is there any incentive to pre order? Anything extra you get that you wouldn’t if you just wait for them to be in stores?

Let us know, that might be an option for us also.

Rich, I did receive the 18 month interest free payment plan, $72.83 a month for 18 months.

I hadn’t really paid attention until recently that Amazon was even offering this.

Interest free it’s pretty much a no brainer for me.

After saying I would wait, after saying if I did buy one I would buy the EX4, after saying that I probably don't need either....

I pre-ordered the EX6 off Amazon today. I couldn't resist. Looking forward to getting it delivered next month!

After saying I would wait, after saying if I did buy one I would buy the EX4, after saying that I probably don't need either....

I pre-ordered the EX6 off Amazon today. I couldn't resist. Looking forward to getting it delivered next month!
That’s how it goes sometimes!!

I'm really tempted but just can't see an $1100 investment in something that I really won't use that much. I'll get an older entry level pellet smoker and see how well it works out for what I want it for, which is smoking in the summer with the fire restrictions and cutting way back running in and out chasing temps on the WSM in the winter, before I make a final decision.
To those that pre ordered lets here what you think after using it a few times.

Last edited:
I put the ex4 in and no payment plan came up....bummer.

I'm not gonna buy one, but I checked to see if 18 month free interest was available and it was , on my Amazon Prime Rewards card.

If I do buy one, I will wait till they're in inventory at Ace Hardware. I got an email from Ace this past weekend offering 15% off any item in the store or on-line. This would be the perfect purchase to use that.

Although, 18 months of free interest is hard to pass up.

I'm not gonna buy one, but I checked to see if 18 month free interest was available and it was , on my Amazon Prime Rewards card.

If I do buy one, I will wait till they're in inventory at Ace Hardware. I got an email from Ace this past weekend offering 15% off any item in the store or on-line. This would be the perfect purchase to use that.

Although, 18 months of free interest is hard to pass up.

Before planning too much on the Ace discounts, try to find the fine print. They usually always exclude Weber, Traeger, BGE, and Yeti products.

Back