Apparently Arizona has been Craving White Castle sliders

Lew,
Probably old news to you, Orlando is getting a White Castle.
Not sure when it will open.

edit to add,
Oldest son visiting from CO got his WC, Imo's, and Pasta House fix, not sure about toasted ravs or gooey butter cake.

Last edited:
I don't eat them often, but do need a belly bomber fix every once in awhile.
They were my hangover cure back in my younger days.
My wife hates them, she calls them dirt burgers.
Oh yeah...back when $2 would buy you a dozen of em...many late nights with fuzzy memory...

Definitely gonna hit that place when the line is less than 25 minutes long...

White Castles and Imo's pizza

Yes, please!

Unless I missed seeing it, how has no one mentioned ending an all-night bender
with a trip to WC? That was SOP during my skirt chasing and clubbin' days way back when.
3 or 4 doubles with cheese and some onion rings was a great way to keep the bed
from spinning.
Sadly, WC packed up and left KC about 15 years ago. Now the closest is in Columbia (120 miles away)
Every year or two rumors abound of a return, just as they do with Whataburger, but they are always
just rumors.

BTW, petrol here at Costco is a few cents above $2.00.

Must be nice Bob, here we are knocking on the door of $3.00 a gallon. But that's still better than the $4.90 my daughter pays in California and she is feeding a big old Chevy suburban. Cost over $90 to fill it up.

Must be nice Bob, here we are knocking on the door of $3.00 a gallon. But that's still better than the $4.90 my daughter pays in California and she is feeding a big old Chevy suburban. Cost over $90 to fill it up.
I know the pay is higher in CA, but still can't see how anyone can afford to live there.
I thought about saying or want to, but decided not to. :p

Thank you Bob for starting this thread. It brought back old memories . Not of White Castle though, but of Royal Castle. That was our late night stopping place when I was young and dating.

We didn't have a WC in the small town where I grew up.
Back in the late 1950's we went to the Great Smoky Mountains, and somewhere down that way we saw a burger joint with a sign saying something like 10 burgers for a dollar. We didn't eat there, but thought it crazy they could sell what we envisioned as normal sized burgers at that price.
Bet it was a Royal Castle.

Bob, it just might have been a Royal Castle. I don't remember what they charged back in the 50's, but an article I read on-line last night said that when the one from my home town re-opened in 2009 after a fire in 2005, it was charging 99 cents a "mini-burger" (now called sliders).

Bob, I had no idea and it's going in a new development near Disney World. They break ground in 2020. That's a 40 mile drive right through downtown Orlando and 20 miles of I4 construction. Terrible drive but I know we'll make it. My 2 daughters that live south of will love that news.

We've been working since 8 AM cleaning and reorganizing the [unfinished] basement, steam cleaning carpet, and now Christmas decorating. With several more hours of physical work ahead of us, if there were one within a few miles, I could go for a sack right about now :p

Bummer Fletch, the nearest WC to us is 3.5 miles.
My CO son is headed back to CO, he had them three times while he was here for a week.

We used to have a Crystal Burger about 30 minutes from our house. Same idea, just a different name. It closed a few years back, now the closest is over an hour away....man I miss those little burgers!!!
Tim

Back