CBS article on price of brisket

I have read a half dozen similar articles in the last month or so.
All of the others mentioned the popularity and ease of use of pellet
smokers as a contributing factor. I am surprised this article omitted
that part.

I was at HD yesterday. Traeger has taken over what used to be prime Weber spots. RO lump is gone replaced by Traeger pellets and the K area is reduced to a pallet in the aisle.

Tim

Yeah, that is why i replied. Brisket used to be cheap. Then Costco was selling prime packers at 3 and 4 and change for choice flats. Now they rarely have packers (actually told they were phasing them out, but have since seen them) and the flats have gone up to a price not worth paying.
I do not want a permanent price increase. Similar things have happened. Any single-malt Scotch drinkers here? Of course there are. Remember the prices before 1993? Started to get popular. Then the ad made it mainstream. Now it is one of the in-thing to do. Anybody remember what the prices used to be?

We might be a victim of our own success. At the expense of money and effort. Boycott?

Good to know that it’s just chuck. When I see it in the store, it’s like in steak form rather than a large roast.

Totally off topic but I remember back in college my roomate and I bought a cheap grill and decided to cook some steaks. I bought a cheap sirloin but my roomate wanted to go even cheaper and bought a chuck roast and tried to grill it. Watching him try to chew through that thing is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Choice brisket is $6.50/lb at my Costco in Charleston, SC.....that’s insane! A year ago Prime was around $3/lb. Thank you rookie pellet smokers

I was at the south StL county Costco today, and Prime packer whole briskets were $3.59/lb.
Gasoline was $2.11/gal.

Totally off topic but I remember back in college my roomate and I bought a cheap grill and decided to cook some steaks. I bought a cheap sirloin but my roomate wanted to go even cheaper and bought a chuck roast and tried to grill it. Watching him try to chew through that thing is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Grilled chuck roast taint bad. Google Jack Daniels grilled chuck roast.:)

Tim

Hi All Prime brisket in my Costco Business Center/Hackensack NJ was $3.69, choice was $2.99.The other Costco which is close to me didn't have any kind of brisket at all. RD had SAB briskets at $3.68.
DanB

Back