I will just leave this here

I never thought I would see one in Norway...picking it up for free on monday;):
MmqazYA.jpg

Original smokebox: https://imgur.com/w5WQoLN
Flamecheck: https://imgur.com/lp919dx

Very happy now, I have a Blue lid Genesis 4000 with several things wrong with it still, but all the parts are either good or new, and the firebox is already sandblasted. Think I'm going to stick the blue lid on this 5000, remove the flamecheck system and make a 5000 Platinum blue lid. Also with the extra side burner and flip table my redhead 2000 will become a 4000:cool:

I also picked up a free Q3200 today, those flip for $200 easy. Great day!

Sweet. I've only seen a couple of those pop up around me. But sadly they were too far deteriorated to make me go for it.

I have no idea what kind of shape it's in, but as long as I can use the cabinets I have everything else, and it looks ok from the pictures:)

Also I've never seen the lid color, is it 5000 series only?

Last edited:
I've seen the lid color and pattern on other grills before. I don't remember exactly what model but I want to say it was Platinum series.

Yea I was lucky, scrolled past the ad and something made me look twice. I'm thinking about transport, I have a stationwagon and it fits in the back, but should I take the glass doors out and wrap them in something? Are they hard to remove?

Since I have never been able to get ahold of a 5000 I don't know how hard the doors are to remove. But of the couple I've seen pop up around me one of them had broken / missing doors. I passed on it because without them it's not 5000. Those glass doors are what make it what it is. The rest is just X000 in my opinion.

Yah, I use it on all my rehab Genesis grills. It does as good or better job than any other cleaner to remove the gunk inside and outside of cook boxes and lids. Just keep in mind that even if you scrub down to the bare aluminum inside the cook box, it will dull the finish. But, is it safe to use inside and outside of Weber grills? Yes it is.

Yes remove the doors and protect them. I think it would be hard to find smoked / tinted glass to match if one broke.

I have one just like it.

If I remember correctly just lift the up and the bottom pin should clear the rail pull door out toward you so pin clears rail then down.

Ed

Paint choices are rather limited in these parts of the world, but I can get vht caliper paint - have anyone used that on frame/endcaps? (I'm set on firebox flat black)

Yah, I use it on all my rehab Genesis grills. It does as good or better job than any other cleaner to remove the gunk inside and outside of cook boxes and lids. Just keep in mind that even if you scrub down to the bare aluminum inside the cook box, it will dull the finish. But, is it safe to use inside and outside of Weber grills? Yes it is.

Sounds like it might dull the paint on the frame too?

It might. I repaint all the frames on my rehabs anyway so I have not paid much attention to whether or not it dulls the paint. Then again, I don't really use it on the frames. I use a cleaner such as Simple green with a green scrubby or #0000 steel wool to clean up any gunk on them.

So I've been trying to rehab my 1999 1300LX which has some rusty frame tubes and the firebox has those white unsightly spots. Part of the frame has a large hole. I was fortunate to pick up a replacement frame from "JKim from Mass" (Thanks JKim!). This is my favorite grill and it bugs me that it will be out of commission for awhile. I picked up a rotisserie attachment last year and would like to use it on this grill.

Over the weekend, someone posted to Freecycle that they're getting rid of a Weber grill that needs some TLC. I asked for the model number and/or picture. The woman replied that she could not find the model number but sent a picture.

6WBZSjc.jpg

Wow! This is very similar to my beloved 1300. It appears that the frame is in great shape. I've been looking for a cheap, preferably free 13-bar Genesis for a few months and here is one that fell into my lap. I picked it up yesterday. The frame/wheels/knobs are in great shape. The flavor bars & grates are practically disintegrated. I'm assuming that the burners are also in bad shape.

My plan is to take the grates/bars/tubes from my grill (NG) and put into this unit. I also need to swap the manifold. Then I can put it on my deck next to the S320 grill that I've been using. This will allow me to carefully rehab my original grill.

My wife wasn't too happy about me bringing this grill home. Why do you need 4 grills? (Actually I have 5. The fifth one is in parts and is in the attic of my shed). I told her that this was for parts. I will likely get rid of the Genesis Gold C.

I will be placing an order for RCPlanebuyer Z-bars and flavor bars for my rehab project. The grates are still fine.

Back