Scored a Q2000 with cart and tank for $15 on Craigslist!

J Robb

TVWBB Member
It’s in pretty good condition, just needs a new igniter, the little metal support bar under one of the wings, and a good cleaning. There is probably $15 worth of propane left in the tank!

1zXzmdv.jpg

FREzatu.jpg

Fsa1WGv.jpg

bJ17CXp.jpg

Any tips to properly clean the grate would be appreciated. Thanks!

Good God, what a buy!

Maybe you could soak the grates in vinegar to remove the rust, but let's hear what the others have to say.

Score! I would forego the vinegar. It's acid and will only create more trouble. Wire brush well, get them hot and wipe them down with oil regularly. As for the ignitor I have never seen one go bad on these. My bet is once you get the burner thoroughly cleaned up pay particular attention to the holes in the ignitor area as they continue underneath the burner you will find it will light up just fine

As for the ignitor I have never seen one go bad on these. My bet is once you get the burner thoroughly cleaned up pay particular attention to the holes in the ignitor area as they continue underneath the burner you will find it will light up just fine

I was on the Weber site this morning and it said the igniters are battery operated. I figured they were piezo igniters, but I’ll check the battery today.

I searched the q grill section of the forum for grate cleaning and saw some suggestions to use a wire cup brush with an angle grinder. Sounds aggressive, but if a good wire brushing doesn’t do the trick I may pick one up and try it.

I was on the Weber site this morning and it said the igniters are battery operated. I figured they were piezo igniters, but I’ll check the battery today.

I searched the q grill section of the forum for grate cleaning and saw some suggestions to use a wire cup brush with an angle grinder. Sounds aggressive, but if a good wire brushing doesn’t do the trick I may pick one up and try it.

Heed the advice. Your arm will fall off before you get those looking good by hand.
Wipe down with some veggie oil when done, heat at about 350 for a couple of
hours to reseason.

When you look up information on the Weber site make sure you are looking at the Q200 information and not the Q2000. The 200 has Weber on top of the hood, solid grate and a white sleeve around the burner control knob. The 2000 has a Q on top of the hood, split grate and a black sleeve around the burner control knob.

Last edited:
When you look up information on the Weber site make sure you are looking at the Q200 information and not the Q2000. The 200 has Weber on top of the hood, solid grate and a white sleeve around the burner control knob. The 2000 has a Q on top of the hood, split grate and a black sleeve around the burner control knob.

Thanks Mark, I didn’t see any markings or a serial #

That grill has an electronic igniter. If you replace it, do yourself a favor and use a #7510 piezo igniter. Will last a lot longer than the electronic ones and don't have to worry about batteries. Not to mention the electronic ones are at least twice as expensive.

Sure doesn't look like an electronic. Looks like a piezo to me. Weber typically only put the electronic ones on the more premium grills i.e. 22xx, 32xx 12xx the 3oxx, 20xx and 10xx typically are piezo. Also the button looks different

I agree with LMichaels. That looks like a Q200 which has the piezo igniter, lower lid and no thermometer in the lid. Here are pics of the electronic button my Q220. Ignore where the mouse chewed it.They seem to like the rubber. Hope this helps.
qB8GBhR.jpg

zWiC53l.jpg

I haven’t really had a chance to work on it, but it doesn’t look like the electric igniter, and I don’t see anything that opens up to change the battery. Looks like piezo. Hopefully I’ll have so time this weekend to play around with it a little. Thanks for all the info.

ve02N7H.jpg

Back