Weber Charcoal at $3.90/bag

I initially got 10 bags, but then went back for 15 more for 25 total. Kind of wish I would have made another run of 15, but they are all gone in my area now.

They had the kingsford too for the same price, dont know how many pounds a bag, anybody got any ?

Chris I will check tomorrow HD holding 13 bags of the Weber for me so I have to pick them up by 12:30 a different HD than where I got the 8 bags from they were out turned a few people onto them and they were gone. I did not have enough room in my car to pick up the other 10 bags but work out of the house tomorrow got the wife's pilot.

I use their competition or I guess now professional when I smoke ribs and such lasts longer than the regular KB its good stuff but I got 4 bags laying around just don't smoke stuff all that much anymore and to me its kind of overkill for the performer although for 3.90 a bag that is not a problem since you are not paying a premium price. Hopefully they have some left but if your local HD has them and out of the Weber I would not hesitate to pick those up at that price.

Chris I just checked the bags I have they were Professional wife has been buying them at Costco I think they were only about 11 bucks for a 2 pack they were 18 pounds and change.

Last edited:
Worked out of the house today got the last 13 bags at a HD different location than the other one I got the eight from. They were really nice I called them last night to verify stock and asked if they would hold them till 12:30 today they put them up front at customer service had the wife's pilot to pick them up. Ended up with 21 bags total good for awhile.

Picked up 10 more bags at Natick, MA HD. Couldn't find them anywhere. Asked the floor person who said that they were in the back. About 20 minutes later, they brought out a pallet of 30?.
Have to take my daughter back to school today. Thinking of seeing if there's another HD on the way where I can get a few more bags.

It's also kind of crazy that the HD city locations still have large stock left compared to the suburbs. Somerville has ~300+ bags left. Watertown around ~100. The burbs, 1-20 bags.

Guys, if you have the room and can swing it, grab what you can now at this price as you likely won't see it this low again. From what I understand, Weber will continue to make/sell it, but it will pretty much be in boutique/specialty stores, kind of like BGE lump. Home Depot isn't going to carry it anymore, they are deleting the sku. That's why they are blowing it out at this price. Note: This IS NOT a normal "end of season clearance" sale that will repeat itself next year. Same thing happened at Target back in 2017, and as Michael Alex noted, Target no longer carries it.

I got a copy of the just-released 2019 Weber product catalog and it shows Weber Briquettes as a featured product. So it lives on, at least for now.

I got a copy of the just-released 2019 Weber product catalog and it shows Weber Briquettes as a featured product. So it lives on, at least for now.
Good to know.
Im enjoying using it
I like the larger briquettes
And i dont smell like a campfire after lighting it
A marked difference from the dozen bags of embers i used before it.

A few HD's in my area still have a some bags left. I'm thinking about grabbing a few more before they disappear for good.

You know after using this Weber coal few times they suck. Grill never gets hot enough. Stubbs from Lowes and Kingsford from Costco is way better.

I personally think it is some of the most dense longest lasting charcoal that I have ever used. I actually have cooked a couple dinners on the same batch after closing the vents when dinner was done (approximate 1 hour chicken cooks) and then reused by starting again in the Weber chimney. Consistently hot and long lasting.

I personally think it is some of the most dense longest lasting charcoal that I have ever used. I actually have cooked a couple dinners on the same batch after closing the vents when dinner was done (approximate 1 hour chicken cooks) and then reused by starting again in the Weber chimney. Consistently hot and long lasting.

Pretty much my experience. I top coals off in ring, and shut off vents when done to make go out. I get several long cooks off of one bag, and a couple short.

My experience, too. I am surprised that Chris in GA had such a bad experience. I also like Stubb a lot, too, but I think Weber has worked even slightly better, at least for me.

Back