Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

It's the rush-rush-rush of todays world. Us older guys got tired of that and just like to relax. I can be out in the boat (14') all day, not get a nibble but I know I've enjoyed myself when "my head is empty" (and if you're truly able to relax, you'll know what I mean ;) )

My kids ask to go fishing all the time. After 5 to 10 minutes they are getting bored. Daddy, why aren't we catching anything? And my response is, it's called fishing, not catching, maybe if we fish for a while we might catch something. I don't think they have ever really liked my answer. Off they go to explore around the fishing spot. And often about the time they move away from the pole it dips from a good bite. But it's too late since nobody is tending the pole.

On the flip side of that, they will get impatient and constantly want to check to see if they have any bait left on the hook, constantly reeling it in, and often loosing the bait, or snagging and loosing the whole setup. So I spend a lot of time re-setting their pole and very little time with my pole. More than one I have lost fish fooling around with their pole.

But it's about the memories :) .
Though it would be more exciting for them if they could catch more fish.

If I go fishing with a friend it's a different story. We don't always get fish, but a few cold ones and relaxing with good company is what it is about. I could often buy fish for less $ than the gear and gas I spent to try and catch them.

OK here is one no politics

Getting old is like living in a haunted house. There are sounds and smells that just can't be explained

HA HA HA So true, love it and this place. Never know on what forum you will find a piece of gold. Good excuse to read them all. Working on it.

It's the rush-rush-rush of todays world. Us older guys got tired of that and just like to relax. I can be out in the boat (14') all day, not get a nibble but I know I've enjoyed myself when "my head is empty" (and if you're truly able to relax, you'll know what I mean ;) )

Oh do I know what you mean. My favorite thing to do. Fishing, that is. One of my favorite times fishing was one of the times we rented a houseboat. I just slid the window open, stuck my pole out the window and sat there and watched TV and relaxed like crazy. That was a really fun trip. More stories later.

Oh do I know what you mean. My favorite thing to do. Fishing, that is. One of my favorite times fishing was one of the times we rented a houseboat. I just slid the window open, stuck my pole out the window and sat there and watched TV and relaxed like crazy. That was a really fun trip. More stories later.

Sounds great!

Got snowed on last night!

It's so cold outside, I actually saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets. Imagine that! :cool:

Steven-Wright-Quote-14.jpg

Back