A BLUE Broilmaster??? Whatever it takes to sell it!

My wife is the same, we have ten Weber's all keepers. I'm fortunate that Barb enjoys what I call our grilling hobby and can work with any of the Weber's. Now that I'm out of the rehab game I can spend more time using and maintain our Weber fleet.
With the increase Jan 1 the rehab game might get better with the price increases Weber is putting on their grills. Hope it goes well for you guys.

I also really like my 22 platinum kettle nicknamed the "platypus". The shelves are really handy and it doesn't take up as much space as a performer.

Last edited:
Jon do you really think you could wear out your skyline in your lifetime? I was under the impression our old genesis grills would go on indefinitely as long as we keep them clean and keep the rust at bay?

I agree your wife must be a gem. My wife is wonderful but she took some convincing that we needed 2 grills. 😊

Yah, that skyline is not going to whither away from use like a car would. You might have to replace the burners, grates and flavorizer bars a 2-3 times over a two decade period, but the grill overall will be working as long as you can source the consumable parts.

I suspect that most of the guys on here that are intimately familiar with these weber gassers, either through rehabbing or simply extended personal use, will likely be buried before our Gensis 1000's and Silver/Gold/Platinum grills hit the landfills. It is all about very simple care, cleaning and maintenance.

That is why we can find a Genesis Silver B sitting on a curb free for the taking and with a few hours and a $100 or less can turn it into an awesome grilling machine. Most owners just don't know how or don't want to deal with cleaning or replacing burners or other common parts. It is like tossing out a perfectly good '68 Camero when all it needs is new brakes and some detailing.

The nice thing regarding the consumable parts is if you spend more up front in the flavorizers and grates (rcplanebuyer) you probably won't have to replace those. At least not for several decades. the

That just leaves what the igniter and regulator that would need periodic replacement? And those typically last about 10 years or so. That's about as trouble and maintenance free as it gets

Greg, this is true except that RCP grates and bars will cost more than $100. But, point taken. I don't see too many regulators going bad, even at 20 years, but the igniters and burners would be the only other areas that would likely need attention other than regular cleaning.

But, there is still an issue since the igniter (gas collector box) and the burner tubes are the two maintenance parts that are the hardest to replace. The tubes basically require removal or at least loosening of the manifold and those bolts and nuts are usually froze with rust and corrosion. The igniter button requires removal of the control panel as well. Those are all things that the casual grill owner isn't willing or able to do easily. Personally, I am good with that. That is a big reason I/we are able to find Weber grills for under $50 that are otherwise in good shape. The previous owner just doesn't want to or isn't able to put the new burners in themselves and simply opt to get rid of it and buy a new one instead. And the best thing is, is that burners are pretty much the least expensive item to replace on these grills.

Last edited:
Yeah I had forgotten about burners. Too bad rcplanebuyer doesn't make those. And I agree that aren't horribly difficult to replace but it's probably not something just anyone would attempt to do.

I just recently replaced the crossover burner and the igniter in my silver A. I had forgotten that you have to take the control panel off and taking the burners off the manifold. Definitely not a 5 minute job.

Jon do you really think you could wear out your skyline in your lifetime? I was under the impression our old genesis grills would go on indefinitely as long as we keep them clean and keep the rust at bay?

I agree your wife must be a gem. My wife is wonderful but she took some convincing that we needed 2 grills. ��

I agree that my Skyline should last a very long time. New manifold, regulator, burners, rcplanebuyer flavorizers, etc. I just don’t want to crud it up just for quick lunches or low key family suppers. Since my poor wife has long ago given up on us having only one or two grills, I am able to have another for the daily stuff. Right now it is still my Genesis Silver but soon I hope it wil be the Genesis Platinum I have been slowly working on. We even agreed on a place for it (not on my deck which has the Skyline and a Rec Tec- already in excess of her “one grill limit”).

Really, it is all my stacked up junk projects that annoy her the most. I have to admit that she is right, and that I just have to say no to even one more really good deal for purchasing and put all my time and effort toward rehabbing and selling what I already have.:rolleyes: It is not easy for me, because new deals keep popping up! I expect to see even more when Christmas is past and people start dumping their old grills to make room for Christmas acquisitions.

Last edited:
She is! How many would put up with all the junk I have accumulated? I am trying really hard to make up for it and get things more under control:D.

Ha, you should see what I have to put up with from the wife! My wife's family hs what I think is a genetic disorder for hoarding. Her dad was the worst along with her brother. When her dad died about 12 years or so ago, my house went from being a nice house to a total junk house, and just last year her brother died and now the house is even worse. I swear my basement looks like those TV shows about hoarders. Major bone of contention in my house because I believe it is beginning to affect the safety of the house. It's like she's channeling those guys.
Oh well it's the hand I was dealt

Back