Prices on Summit & Genesis II go up 1/1/19

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I have it on good authority that the price of Weber Summit and Genesis II gas grills will be going up on 1/1/19, but the price of Spirit II grills will be going down. I don't know specifics on Weber charcoal grills, but I've been told accessories will be going up, too.

So plan your purchasing of Weber products accordingly. If you're in the market, making a purchase before the end of the year might be wise.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_...4abe864472b56071a8&language=en_US?tag=TVWB-20

Chris: Thanks for the heads up. The "Insider Information" is always welcome.

I guess this is good news for the Rehabbers. Not so good for the Weber brand in general.

Last edited:
They seem to do that every year, but only in some places. I saw it done a little around me. But only a couple grills at a time and really not a big mark down like I see some others see in their area stores. They sell plenty of them through the spring and summer, so dropping prices to get rid of some excess stock doesn't hurt them. They are still making a decent profit in most cases anyway.
But, if you can wait, it is a good idea to wait until the end of the summer.

Amazing that they are going up, our local Home Depot has at least 20 Gen II and 15 or so Summits. All of them marked down and going nowhere. To get their Christmas stuff up they had to park them in front of the store.

Amazing that they are going up, our local Home Depot has at least 20 Gen II and 15 or so Summits. All of them marked down and going nowhere. To get their Christmas stuff up they had to park them in front of the store.

Wow. I think I have hardly ever seen a Summit at one of our many Home Depot or Lowe's stores. And they never have many Weber there anyhow. Maybe 10 Weber gassers at any given time. And never outside. But lots of el-cheapo Charbroils and whatever parked outside.

But we have an outlet store in the area which is starting to annoy me. These guys are flooding all the sites like CL, Offerup, 5Miles, Letgo and possibly more with their commercial sale posts for Weber grills. All brand new and all supposedly cheaper than MSRP. One post per grill and they have at 30 -40 grills posted on each of these sites.

Last edited:

Back